New Member - Greetings

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Smooooth
BMX
BMX

New Member - Greetings

Post by Smooooth »

Greetings from Central New York

On a whim, I just took delivery of a 86 Spree Special - Shasta White/Lollipop Green.
Outside of doing some serious engine work (I assume), it seems to be complete.

Most of my background is from the world of CT 70's. I am currently building a 74 K3 with a 72 K1 in the wings.

I have taken the time to scan quite a bit of the forum sections to get a feel for what this site has to offer.

Lowering my head in shame, I did not take photos immediately after unloading it from the Suburban. With my neighbor at my side, we started taking of the plastic to see what I was getting myself into.

Just like the CT70 world, I assume there are many businesses that specialize in Spree parts. I would truly appreciate a condensed version of who I should be looking at.

The pic below is 'As Found'

As time progresses, I am sure to be posting more. And asking a ton of questions.

Thank you in advance for your support and friendship.

Stephen

PS - The Spree cost me all of $40.00
85 Elite Deluxe - Nassau Blue Metallic - Wife's
86 Spree Special - Shasta White/Lollipop Green - For my wife, originally
74 CT70 K3 - Candy Ruby Red - 'Mutt' - In progress
72 CT70 K1 - Candy Ruby Red - 'Factory Flaw' - Back Burner
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: New Member - Greetings

Post by eliteguy50 »

Welcome. The spree does not have the aftermarket support that the CT70 does. More like a few forum members here producing some good parts and/or parting out other sprees. Then there is always Honda who may or may not still sell the part you are looking for.

For $40 you can't go wrong with that spree.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

You hit the jackpot with that white one! Awesome! I have only ever seen 1 that I could get my hands on. Too much $$$ at the time. Be good to her ans treat her like the queen! :love:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

:peace: welcome to the forum! and what a deal on the shasta white spree, i have never seen one in person. thats a good looking spree :2thumbs:
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Should be a fun project!

Looks like the engine does have serious problems! It seems to be missing in the pic :P

If you havent already done so, download the Spree manual for free here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37

Besides that looks like some elbow grease will get her goin :thumbsup:
Smooooth
BMX
BMX

Post by Smooooth »

And the good news is that it runs like a Raped Ape........

Had it to 35mph with no problems, and about 20 on some reasonable hills. Not bad since I weigh about 185. Kick Starter was frozen. Initially started using a Cordless Drill. Tuesday, the first full day of working on it, I ended up doing a full teardown and cleaning of the carb, addressed a minor wiring issue, downloaded the service manual, tore down, cleaned, and rebuilt the kick starter (mostly surface rust on the mating surfaces and lack of grease).

The good news is that everything electrical works. Need to get a new battery and will probably remove and clean the starter. Next I will be going through the manual, page by page, and looking at everything that should be addressed from a maintenance standpoint. Mechanically this unit is very sound. The cosmetics are going to be the real PIA. With decals not being available I may have to find a way of having a set printed. The plastic just might come back to life with some wet sanding, polishing, and maybe a clearcoat. Sandblasting and painting the Rims will be no big deal. I built a SodaBlaster (Baking Soda as the media)for $5.00 that should clean up the engine/trans nicely.

Shopping list of 'required' items includes Tires, Battery, Front Brake Cable, Mirrors, Rear Brake Lever. Unfortunately I see a custom seat cover in my future to match the original perfectly.

I have even surprised myself that I have not gone crazy with taking pictures.

Then again, once my wife got on it, I haven't seen it since.

There is one on craigslist(same one on ebay) now for $1,400 and says he has a ebay ad for one that sold for $2,000.

I think my CT70 misses me........................

Stephen
85 Elite Deluxe - Nassau Blue Metallic - Wife's
86 Spree Special - Shasta White/Lollipop Green - For my wife, originally
74 CT70 K3 - Candy Ruby Red - 'Mutt' - In progress
72 CT70 K1 - Candy Ruby Red - 'Factory Flaw' - Back Burner
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

It may have sold for $2000 on ebay, but I want to see the receipt that shows the bidder actually paying for it.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
ASI828277
Noob
Noob

Post by ASI828277 »

Smooooth wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 pm Greetings from Central New York

On a whim, I just took delivery of a 86 Spree Special - Shasta White/Lollipop Green.
Outside of doing some serious engine work (I assume), it seems to be complete.

Most of my background is from the world of CT 70's. I am currently building a 74 K3 with a 72 K1 in the wings.

I have taken the time to scan quite a bit of the forum sections to get a feel for what this site has to offer.

Lowering my head in shame, I did not take photos immediately after unloading it from the Suburban. With my neighbor at my side, we started taking of the plastic to see what I was getting myself into.

Just like the CT70 world, I assume there are many businesses that specialize in Spree parts. I would truly appreciate a condensed version of who I should be looking at.

The pic below is 'As Found'

As time progresses, I am sure to be posting more. And asking a ton of questions.

Thank you in advance for your support and friendship.

Stephen

PS - The Spree cost me all of $40.00
It may have sold for $2000 on ebay, but I want to see the receipt that shows the bidder actually paying for it.