Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

paul_radd
Noob
Noob

Re: Official NS50F thread

Post by paul_radd »

Tell me please, sir, what is stage 2 bore? May you give the link?
yz125
Noob
Noob

Post by yz125 »

I have come across one for sale and am thinking about it.

I knew parts would be a concern so I went to Rocky Mountain's OEM parts section and was surprised they list almost everything as available in 7-10 days. Cylinders, pistons, turn signals, etc.

But then I come here and I see peoples looking for alternative turn signals, etc.

Is rocky mountain's availability misleading and orders for most of those parts would actually be cancelled after placing them?
motormike

Post by motormike »

yz125 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:28 pm I have come across one for sale and am thinking about it.

I knew parts would be a concern so I went to Rocky Mountain's OEM parts section and was surprised they list almost everything as available in 7-10 days. Cylinders, pistons, turn signals, etc.

But then I come here and I see peoples looking for alternative turn signals, etc.

Is rocky mountain's availability misleading and orders for most of those parts would actually be cancelled after placing them?
I can't say for certain yz125, but you are probably right in thinking that those parts are not actually in stock or available anywhere accept maybe Japan and Europe. The cylinder, piston, rings, etc. are shared by the NSR, so a bit more available. Bodywork, stickers, lights, etc. are rare, but are being reproduced and sold now by a friend in Nashville, TN. You can find this info on the facebook pages titled "Shifty 50" and "lovers of NS50F"....I have owned 4 NS50's and never bought any rebuild parts. Best of luck sir, by all means, go find those facebook pages as they will be a great resource.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
motormike

Post by motormike »

Hey yz125...I grabbed this LINK for you...these are costly, but what can ya do ? check it out
https://www.schemaracing.com/
RideRed
motormike

Post by motormike »

I realized that I never posted any follow-up about the "Trace Ride"that happened in June, 2021.
We called it the "Shift Your Pants" ride.
Hope was to lure out as many NS50f's as possible.
Managed only 5, but the day was a total blast.
So, since the snow is starting to pile up beyond safe traveling, here's some pix.
Attachments
shift your pants D.jpg
shift your pants D.jpg (434.15 KiB) Viewed 16980 times
shift your pants C.jpg
shift your pants C.jpg (516.72 KiB) Viewed 16980 times
Shift your pants B.jpg
Shift your pants B.jpg (379.97 KiB) Viewed 16980 times
Shift your pants A.jpg
Shift your pants A.jpg (402.42 KiB) Viewed 16980 times
RideRed
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Havent posted on a forum in ages. My old build threads here make me laugh. Ive been out of the two wheel game for years and this NS popped up on market place in 2020. I saved the ad and kept scrolling, fast forward to Oct 2021 i went into my saved folder looking for something else entirely and saw the NS was still for sale. I messaged the seller and 24 hours later im taking the bike home. The P/O took great care of it and restored/replaced anything he could. It has 1900 miles and was all original aside from the pipe. Im currently in the process of doing a Malossi 70cc cylinder, CR80 Vforce intake, Keihn 24mm and Autoboy hi comp head. Hoping to have it running by this weekend if the weather isnt too cold here to work.
Attachments
20211011_174953 (1).jpg
20211011_174953 (1).jpg (64.1 KiB) Viewed 16890 times
motormike

Post by motormike »

Fabulous looking condition... :thumbwink:
Value of this bike will continually go up.
I am no longer owner of NS50F, but will always be a fan.
Instead, I have switched to MB5.
I am freshening a very clean MB5, and adding HPI ignition and Sava MC11's.
If you have Facebook, you need to join two groups. "Shifty 50" and "lovers of Honda Ns50f"
Okay, good to see you back here. Carry on with your build and prepare to be amazed.
Attachments
MB5 perfection.jpg
MB5 perfection.jpg (59.38 KiB) Viewed 16886 times
RideRed
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

So scarce are these, but if one of either model ever comes up within striking distance, I'm DOWN! But does anyone else find it curious that the MB5 went back to drum brakes? *?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
motormike

Post by motormike »

Wheelman-111 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:34 am Greetings:

So scarce are these, but if one of either model ever comes up within striking distance, I'm DOWN! But does anyone else find it curious that the MB5 went back to drum brakes? *?
MB5 from 1982 with disc brake front...then NS50f from 1990 with drum brake front...it seems you have confused the facts Mr. Wheelman....and No, I don't find it curious. Silly maybe.
RideRed
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Yes of course I meant the NS. But it's eight years later, liquid cooling ostensibly means more power, perhaps a few more pounds, and they go with a Drum?! Not curious ?!? Maybe cost was a factor, but if I owned an NS I'd think about converting to disc if only for the Profile.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
motormike

Post by motormike »

Wheelman-111 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:07 pm Greetings:

Yes of course I meant the NS. But it's eight years later, liquid cooling ostensibly means more power, perhaps a few more pounds, and they go with a Drum?! Not curious ?!? Maybe cost was a factor, but if I owned an NS I'd think about converting to disc if only for the Profile.
The conversion is commonly done to disc fork assembly swapped from the sister bikes of the NS-1 and similar Honda bikes. It's not easy to acquire the parts, nor is it cheap. Just throwing out a ballpark number, making a complete package swap including wheels is going to cost a cool grand....at least. :confused:
RideRed
motormike

Post by motormike »

This is the typical donor bike.
Attachments
NS-1 Shannon.jpg
NS-1 Shannon.jpg (116.64 KiB) Viewed 15181 times
RideRed
Tommy
Noob
Noob

Post by Tommy »

Hi guys, i'm Thomas from Belgium, i own some european nsr50's (very similar to the US Ns50) and a mbx50.

I already pm'd motormike with this question and was hoping that one of you proud Ns50 owners could confirm if the original Ns50 carburetor is marked 'HM183' on the side, near the top of the carb.

And if the top lid (where the throttle cable goes in) is a black plastic type or aluminium, alloy.

Thx in advance!
Watchguy
Noob
Noob

Post by Watchguy »

Hello, new member here with a question on the NS50F. I’m looking to purchase one and was wondering if anyone can help me with what’s a good price to pay for one? I want the one that has everything on it like the upper fairings, a radiator shroud, a lower cowl, a tachometer, and an engine guard. Also are there any inherent problems with this bike I should look out for? Any advice would be greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Watchguy,
Please take a second to update your profile with your location. Country and state are enough. You might find someone close to you who has an NS50F. There might only be two or three in excellent or very good condition in the USA that still have those original shrouds you are looking to find, so you might have to get reproductions or source those parts from other countries and paint them to match your OEM color. Motormike on this forum has probably owned more NS50Fs than anyone else on the forum. He might make a better price guess than me, but I'd say one with all the shrouds and tach, in very nice condition might be over six grand at this point. A normal one that runs great and looks fine, but doesn't have the optional shrouds and tach, perhaps two to three grand now.