Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

spiro
BMX
BMX

Re: Does anyone else own a Honda NS 50?

Post by spiro »

Got the brake cable and the Speedometer cable all set in. the Axle is in the wrong direction but i don't think it will matter much. this really shows the powder-coated rims, the cleaned up brake panel, and the new fancy tires. so exciting
IMG_4938.JPG
IMG_4938.JPG (187.84 KiB) Viewed 9991 times
This is also the brake light mount i am using. its an integrated tail light with blinkers and all that. 12v LED system. i used a Triumph Street Triple license plate mount as the bracket. i just bent it backwards and it worked out great.
IMG_4946.JPG
IMG_4946.JPG (102.66 KiB) Viewed 9991 times
and finally this is the plug for the oil injection which i am striping away and going with the premix. i ordered the plug from Web!ke and it got here quick. i also plugged the screws with standard m6 stainless with copper crush washers to make sure no oil makes it out.
IMG_5006.JPG
IMG_5006.JPG (152.65 KiB) Viewed 9991 times
tomorrow i will post photos of the new cylinder and head after porting.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

:popcorn:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
spiro
BMX
BMX

Post by spiro »

Alright got some photos of the cylinder last night. It came our really nice. its the original GE2 cylinder so in order to get the Vforce3 carbon reed in there i was going to have to get the intake opened up so i might as well have the whole thing ported right! RIGHT!
IMG_4953.JPG
IMG_4953.JPG (158.42 KiB) Viewed 9979 times
this is the exhaust ported and smooth looking. no more build up i hope!
IMG_4958.JPG
IMG_4958.JPG (185.21 KiB) Viewed 9979 times
and lastly we put the head in a lathe and really smoothed out the top. it feels so nice.
IMG_4979.JPG
IMG_4979.JPG (186.51 KiB) Viewed 9979 times
hopefully with this stuff the moto will run well for a long time to come.

i will get photos of the cylinder in place with the new piston and rings tomorrow. getting closer everyday
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

That looks denominator series sexy
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
spiro
BMX
BMX

Post by spiro »

I put the head on last night with my fancy new piston and rings. the piston isnt actually new we just cleaned up the skirt and cleaned the top in the lathe so it looks all nice and new.
IMG_4968.JPG
IMG_4968.JPG (105.18 KiB) Viewed 9968 times
this is the new head in place with the head gasket. wow!
IMG_4972.JPG
IMG_4972.JPG (128.22 KiB) Viewed 9968 times
IMG_4975.JPG
IMG_4975.JPG (107.02 KiB) Viewed 9968 times
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I would test fit the gasket on the head to make sure no holes are being restricted. My 2 cents :smile:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

That head gasket is weird, why is it like that a design thing or aftermarket?
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

MrJumps wrote:That head gasket is weird, why is it like that a design thing or aftermarket?
Agree, seems like the center ring would seal the cylinder but would cause a much weaker seal around water channels. Paper gasket material has a certain amount of squish where the center ring will not unless its a crush-type ring. The torque spec on these head bolts aren't really that much to warrant a crush. Also seems like it covers one "oval" hole and makes it round....hmm :imo:

That's why I suggested a test-fit to the head to ensure no holes are being choked out.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

The middle ring is a crsh ring, but it is just odd how they did that.

On the last pic it looks like flow to the head is gonna be restricted by the walls of the cylinder. Maybe its meant to increase water pressure but it seems to be a bad thing but idk.
motormike

Post by motormike »

My guess is the people who designed and made the gasket knew exactly what they were doing, and they measured twice and cut once.... :urban:
............. :coolcruise: ...........................................................................................>>>>>>>> :hi:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
spiro
BMX
BMX

Post by spiro »

Yeah i thought that was strange as well! but the stock gasket that i removed when i taking it apart has the exact same layout of the holes. they turn the oval passages into circles and i am not sure why. very strange to me but i dont really want to start cutting away at the gasket because i feel as though they must have done that for a reason.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Im sure during the design phase they took into account the amount of cooling needed for each area of the cylinder and adjusted the holes accordingly. Opening up a hole bigger would essentially rob the amount of flow from other ports and reduce cooling in those areas. Im on board with assuming Honda did their homework on this and not messing with a factory balanced cooling system. Sick build you have going. Makes my builds look shoddy and thrown together. I like how you put extra time and attention to every part and piece in the process. Leaving no stone unturned makes for longer build times but the final product will be bulletproof. The danm thing will be a rolling work of art when completed!
spiro
BMX
BMX

Post by spiro »

THANKS! i try to work with every piece of the bike and give each part attention. it really shines through with the hardware i think. thanks for noticing!
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Its a pretty bike, were they any big bore kits for it or was the stock kit ehat you had to work with. Just wondering.
spiro
BMX
BMX

Post by spiro »

MrJumps wrote:Its a pretty bike, were they any big bore kits for it or was the stock kit ehat you had to work with. Just wondering.
its the stock cylinder but i was able to find a two oversize piston on ebay with ring so the cylinder is bored out a little but not to 70cc or anything like that. they do make some really cool aftermarket big bore kits but i thought it would be cool to keep the stock GE2 head. more classic. and with the porting and new reed i am hoping for a nice crisp feel.