Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Watchguy
Noob
Noob

Re: Official NS50F thread

Post by Watchguy »

vintagegarage wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:11 am Watchguy,
Please take a second to update your profile with your location. Country and state are enough. You might find someone close to you who has an NS50F. There might only be two or three in excellent or very good condition in the USA that still have those original shrouds you are looking to find, so you might have to get reproductions or source those parts from other countries and paint them to match your OEM color. Motormike on this forum has probably owned more NS50Fs than anyone else on the forum. He might make a better price guess than me, but I'd say one with all the shrouds and tach, in very nice condition might be over six grand at this point. A normal one that runs great and looks fine, but doesn't have the optional shrouds and tach, perhaps two to three grand now.
Thanks for the info. As far as maintenance and parts are concerned are there any issues I should be aware of?
motormike

Post by motormike »

Watchguy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:56 am Hello, new member here with a question on the NS50F. I’m looking to purchase one and was wondering if anyone can help me with what’s a good price to pay for one? I want the one that has everything on it like the upper fairings, a radiator shroud, a lower cowl, a tachometer, and an engine guard. Also are there any inherent problems with this bike I should look out for? Any advice would be greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.
No inherent problems to mention.
A fully equipped NS50f is currently listed on facebook marketplace for the outrageous price of $8000.
Another one without the options is listed at $4500.
Both bikes are exquisite, but price is unrealistic,imho.
The optional fairings and tach are very rare and extremely sought after.
Most people are happy just to have a NS50f in any condition.
Good luck with your search...motor
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Watchguy
Noob
Noob

Post by Watchguy »

motormike wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:05 pm [quote=Watchguy post_id=318304 time=<a href="tel:1698144994">1698144994</a> user_id=44736]
Hello, new member here with a question on the NS50F. I’m looking to purchase one and was wondering if anyone can help me with what’s a good price to pay for one? I want the one that has everything on it like the upper fairings, a radiator shroud, a lower cowl, a tachometer, and an engine guard. Also are there any inherent problems with this bike I should look out for? Any advice would be greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.
No inherent problems to mention.
A fully equipped NS50f is currently listed on facebook marketplace for the outrageous price of $8000.
Another one without the options is listed at $4500.
Both bikes are exquisite, but price is unrealistic,imho.
The optional fairings and tach are very rare and extremely sought after.
Most people are happy just to have a NS50f in any condition.
Good luck with your search...motor

[/quote]

So realistically with all the goodie’s what is a fair price to pay?
motormike

Post by motormike »

Consider this:...my value is just an opinion.
Fully optioned with 3-500 miles, and in pristine condition is likely to bring $5000 or more in a big auction setting.
Always you'll expect premium money on the coasts, less in the interior.
In these times of exploded values, small bore motorcycles have seen a strong increase.
Last very nice NS50f that I bought some 6-7 years ago did not have any options, but was a low-mile(under 2k)
very clean original in good running condition with title. I paid $2500.

RideRed
Watchguy
Noob
Noob

Post by Watchguy »

motormike wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:51 pm Consider this:...my value is just an opinion.
Fully optioned with 3-500 miles, and in pristine condition is likely to bring $5000 or more in a big auction setting.
Always you'll expect premium money on the coasts, less in the interior.
In these times of exploded values, small bore motorcycles have seen a strong increase.
Last very nice NS50f that I bought some 6-7 years ago did not have any options, but was a low-mile(under 2k)
very clean original in good running condition with title. I paid $2500.

Ok, that helps a lot. Hopefully I can find what I’m looking for because I’ve looked all over and can’t find anything. I missed out about a year ago on one on BAT it was exactly what I was looking for.
motormike

Post by motormike »

You will be best served by joining the facebook pages dedicated to NS50f as well as some of the others. One of them being "SHIFTY 50"....motor
RideRed
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Watchguy either bought the loaded NS50F or somebody else did, as i just had a message posted on one of my NS50F YouTube videos from a man who just bought a fully loaded NS50F. There can't be too many out there, so it is probably the same one.