Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Re: Official NS50F thread

Post by motormike »

Almost here.... :coolcruise:
Smokin' it up on the Midnight Special.
True Grits 2015 stolen II.jpg
True Grits 2015 stolen II.jpg (161.12 KiB) Viewed 14126 times
Attachments
SUCHES 2015 stolen.jpg
SUCHES 2015 stolen.jpg (100.07 KiB) Viewed 14126 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
MomOfaNS50
Noob
Noob

Post by MomOfaNS50 »

Hi all... Not sure of the rules yet on posting for sale items up, but I am wanting to post one of these for sale for my son. He has some medical issues that need to be paid for and unfortunately he has to sell this little bike. As soon as I figure out where to post it for sale I'll get the photos up. Until then if anyone is interested the bike is in central Florida. It runs great. Higher miles however and some dings and such. I dont know much more about it because... well when it comes to bikes I am clueless! I will forward all questions you guys and gals may have to my son. :coolcruise: Image
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

I live in central Florida, and I just sent you a private message.. at the top of any page in this forum is a link to "private messages". Please click on that link to view your messages.. much appreciated.
MomOfaNS50
Noob
Noob

Post by MomOfaNS50 »

Thanks for the help with the navigation! Sent reply as well!
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Read and replied to your PM.. thanks and much appreciated..
MomOfaNS50
Noob
Noob

Post by MomOfaNS50 »

Sold! Thanks for all the help guys!
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

So this happened this week:

I very much appreciate MomOfaNS50's patience with me so I could buy the NS50. Here is the other side:

I promised mm that I wouldn't put a basket on it, but I found that I won't need to anyway, as there is a nice spot behind the winshield that will hold dog treats and cheeseburgers:

I think this may the exhaust system on the bike. It performs well, but is too loud for the neighborhood... have to be pretty careful with noise, or the neighbors will start calling me that dam* kid:

https://www.mopeddivision.com/honda-nsr ... -exahaust/

I spent a couple of half days working on the bike so far, mostly doing routine service and detail work. The engine runs well, the clutch is smooth, and all the gears work and shifting is smooth. It is too fast to be riding it with a helmet, shorts and a golf shirt. I still need to spend a day with headlight restorer to clean up the windshield. Right now, the battery is in the back glove box, and I want to move it out of there back to where it belongs, so I can use the glove box for small items. I am missing the glove box lock, but I think I can make one out of a SB50 lock I have on the shelf. It would be great if someone would post a photo of the backside of the glove box lock so I can see what I need to fabricate. I am also curious about the color of the glove box lid. This one is black plastic. Is it supposed to be white plastic painted white, or black plastic painted white, or what?
motormike

Post by motormike »

Pretty sure the OEM "glove box" lids were white.
Black ones are a repop.
RideRed
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

The USA part number is COVER, RR. *NH196* (WOL) (ROSS WHITE) 77210-GE2-670ZA and the one I have looks to be of Honda quality. I am thinking that maybe some international NS50s might have been black? The part number on mine is COVER, REAR 77210-GE2M-7600. When I do a Honda USA search on the second number, I got no such number, but a google search ends up with Japanese sites that I can't read. The best one is the Yahoo Japan site. If you look through all six pages, there are about a dozen of them in all colors, but the basic part is black. Some of the paint jobs look to be factory Honda. The white one is white painted over black, but that doesn't mean the USA ones were white painted over black. I found the Yahoo Japan site by doing a google search on the number on my black one:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/sea ... 084282352/

Here are photos of mine. The HONDA mark on the back looks too well done to be reproduction:

I can't make sense of the date of manufacture panel. I would expect one dot indicating year and month, but there are dots in all the cells:

I got lucky with the Yahoo Japan site and on page three, I found a red one that still has the lock on it. Here is the photo I was hoping to find. I can easily make one of these out of my used and spare SB50 lock. That will be today's project:

motormike

Post by motormike »

I forgot about the JDM bikes having different paint schemes.
We see them SO RARELY.
My replies are not guaranteed to be gospel, but I'm sure I've seen
newly created reproductions in black.
RideRed
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Mike.. yes I agree it makes sense that there are repros. It might be true that you and I are the only ones watching this thread. It would be great if someone who still has a USA white one would look on the underside and see what color it is. The 77210-GE2-670ZA USA ones might be white plastic, and not black. It's not important, I am just curious to know.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

It took me way longer than it should have to modify an old SB50 seat lock into a NS50 glove box lock, but it came out fine. Locks tight and releases right. This might be the last time I use my All-State Jet Flux System:

https://www.esabna.com/euweb/as_handbook/596as14_7.htm

as my eyesight is now so bad that I need welding goggles with reading glasses built in.. a really sad state of affairs. I used be very good with the Jet Flux system that I bought after a visit to Arch Motors in Huntingdon:

http://www.archmotor.co.uk/

In any event, here is what a stock SB50 locks looks like:

The metal bar points down when it needs to point up, per the photo of the red cover:

To keep from having to cut the D shaped hole in the metal bar, I simply took the circlip off, and flipped the piece over so bottom was top and top was bottom. I then cut up the bar and jet-fluxed it into a new shape to match the photo of the lock in the red cover and put the circlip back on:

Here is the finished job, before painting. It will be a shame to loose the HONDA "Mark" when I paint the cover white, and the "Mark" is NLA, as far as I can tell:

vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

I mixed up some nail lacquer (polish) to be fairly close to the teal and wine colors and touched up the decals where they were scratched from various layovers, aligned the front forks, cleaned up and centered the windshield, added the top windshield trim, and added the HONDA marks to the front and back, matching the colors as best as I could from photos of other NS50s when they were new. I am pretty much finished with my servicing and detailing, and now am riding it for 20-30 miles a day and enjoying it very much. Here are three photos of how it looks today:

Scooter gang
Noob
Noob

Post by Scooter gang »

This bike is so cool
motormike

Post by motormike »

You do nice work vintage... :thumbwink:
and you got lucky to get this one... :thumbwink:
Clearly, you will profit well when you sell,
but I sure hope you keep it around a good long while.
You're missing the real fun down there in the flatlands.
Sure hoping for a fair weather True Grits next month.
I'm planning to take my Jog...if I hadn't told you.
noiseguy asked me about coming to the event.
he doesn't even own a bike now...what's wrong with that picture?....lol
Alright, keep up your rpm's up. Seeya... :hi:
RideRed