Gyro - general thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Re: Gyro - general thread

Post by vintagegarage »

I mounted the ChengShins this morning, and took the Gyro out for a spirited drive around the sub-division. The tires seem ok at 11PSI, with good cornering grip and a soft ride. I guess I will keep them on until they wear out. Here is what they looked like after the ride:

I still am waiting on the TG50 petcock rubber parts, so I am still using my spare NN50 petcock which has no reserve setting. I am hoping to rebuild the TG50 petcock this weekend or early next week.
motormike

Post by motormike »

You're all set for the beach.
Attachments
Thumbs up.jpg
Thumbs up.jpg (17.56 KiB) Viewed 8579 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
gyromaniac
Spree
Spree

Post by gyromaniac »

Another tire option, if you can find them, would be some Cheng Shin Mowku tires.

Mowku 15-6.00-6
NHC 222-0350
Attachments
100_3500 (1).jpg
100_3500 (1).jpg (132.33 KiB) Viewed 8550 times
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

"Huge" Gyro Parts Lot, now on eBay in Peggs, Oklahoma..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-86-Honda- ... Swx~dfQo74
gyromaniac
Spree
Spree

Post by gyromaniac »

I've got 4 parts gyro's that I'm looking to get rid of. Someone needs to come buy these from me. I need my garage space back. I'll make you a heck of a deal
Attachments
IMG_20200811_215855.jpg
IMG_20200811_215855.jpg (142.61 KiB) Viewed 8502 times
motormike

Post by motormike »

vintagegarage wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:24 pm "Huge" Gyro Parts Lot, now on eBay in Peggs, Oklahoma..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-86-Honda- ... Swx~dfQo74
It appears to me he has cherry-picked the lot and is selling the good stuff in separate sales for gouge prices..Not a fan.
RideRed
abbey1227
Noob
Noob

Post by abbey1227 »

Hi there ! We are new to the forum. Looking for any help available. We are in the Green Bay Wisconsin area. We have a Gyro Canopy TA02. We need to replace the drive belt and are not having any luck finding it. Belt # 23100-GAG-7510-M1. Does anyone know of any available replacements that might work or won't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks in advance. Lisa and Lou
motormike

Post by motormike »

I find a belt to fit Honda Canopy TA03...you state you have "TA02"...I don't have info enough to search for the model year you have.
What year is your Canopy ?
RideRed
motormike

Post by motormike »

RideRed
MPDano
BMX
BMX

Post by MPDano »

gyromaniac wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:34 pm Extra long timer lurker here. Hard to think my last post was in 2014. I quit making honda gyro decals quite some time ago. I've gotten a few emails about them over the years. I've been thinking about doing another batch of them if I can get enough interest in them.

Also, I will soon have 6 gyro's for sale. It's time to part ways with them. I figured I would give everyone here a shot at them first so if you are interest. Send me a private message. I've got everything from fully restored, to custom, to beaten. I've got plenty of parts as well.
I got an 84, I'll take a set of the red ones when you decide to start selling them. Sent a PM on parts I need as well.

Leo
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Post by harleyracer59 »

abbey1227 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:56 am Hi there ! We are new to the forum. Looking for any help available. We are in the Green Bay Wisconsin area. We have a Gyro Canopy TA02. We need to replace the drive belt and are not having any luck finding it. Belt # 23100-GAG-7510-M1. Does anyone know of any available replacements that might work or won't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks in advance. Lisa and Lou

if that is the vertical 2 stroke like whats in my stream, im running a 666/16 or 15.5? -30 belt. same as my ab07. its for a suzuki i believe. got a few of them off fleabay for 10-15$ ea.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Sharing this image taken from facebook page.
A very nicely done mod.
Attachments
Gyro-Road Fox mod.jpg
Gyro-Road Fox mod.jpg (170.86 KiB) Viewed 7182 times
RideRed
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

I'm starting to run out of ideas for Youtube videos. I have been focusing on Super Cub 125 and Trail 125 videos, but a few days ago, I made a Gyro riding video, pretty much just because I was out of ideas. I have already used up all of the scenic rides near me. Here is the link to the Gyro video:
https://youtu.be/KHxxJ5P-XL0
It pretty much defines the phrase, "Making something out of nothing" LOL

Here is a link to the NB50 Aero video from a few weeks ago:
https://youtu.be/BRjCaPPjfBw

And a link to the NX50 Express SR video from eight months ago:
https://youtu.be/8-H9TBPXC9Q

Please subscribe to the channel to see the rest of my 30+ small Honda videos, mostly focusing on Super Cub 125 and Trail 125, but also including the NS50F and MB5. Those rides are longer with better scenery.
Dcon
Noob
Noob

Post by Dcon »

Hi everyone. First thanks for this awesome forum, I was very happy to find it.
This is my first post, so please put me in my place if I’m doing something wrong.
I just picked up a 84. I always loved the look of these, but was never serious about them as the wife and I do a lot of dual sport riding and tinkering on the old trail bikes.
The one we got is “well used “ to be honest, but I’m sure I can get it running again. I’d like to ask for help sourcing a gasket kit if one exists! This bike has enough compression, but it’s missing the air box, the injection is disconnected (hoping it’s not required!?- crank lube?) and she’s down right ugly! But, it’s enough to be a rider/ modded bike.
Also, is there a motor designation/trans number to help source parts? This thing is dirty and oil soaked. So I’d love to have gaskets and seals on hand before I tear into it. And lastly, any luck with other air filter setups? Even complete carb swaps as this isn’t a “nice “ bike.
Sorry to be long winded. I have plenty to learn and accomplish here.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Welcome to the forum, your participation is most welcome. Please take a second and update your profile to indicate what state you call home. If you live in Florida, I probably have all the 1984 Gyro parts you need to get your gyro looking good and running well for free. I don't ship, so if you are out of Florida, I can't help you with parts.

Please have a look at this link that will tell you the motor designation and a lot of other good info:
https://www.motorscooterguide.net/honda-gyro-nn50-tg50/

Also, scroll down in that page and you will see a link to the complete service manual for your Gyro. You will find that to be very helpful. There are also a couple of sales photos that may also be helpful. Please report back here after you have looked at that page.

Oil injection is not required, but in my opinion, you should do your best to get it working properly, and as a last resort, then mix two-stoke oil into your gasoline by hand. Some will argue as to how much oil in the gasoline is too much, so I'll let you research that on your own.

You will want to find and use the stock air box and carburetor. Others may disagree.