little fun

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Kerry
Goped
Goped

little fun

Post by Kerry »

I know this belongs in general chit chat but this section seems to get all the play. ..If it offends anyone, I apologize and move it.

Anyway, what's everyone's Holy Grail of mopeds or scooters?
What made you scooter obsessed?

I remember seeing a pair of Honda Spree's for the very first time. Two brothers (Doug and David) in my neighborhood each got a black spree with purple decals and the purple seat piping. All the kids were jealous...it was freedom without needing a license.

I can't get that picture out of my mind and its because those two brothers had them, I had to have one...and I did, but an Elite.

What's your Grail now?
Kerry
Goped
Goped

Re: little fun

Post by Kerry »

This was supposed to be in general discussion and not really at that!

d*** ipad
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Kerry wrote:This was supposed to be in general discussion and not really at that!

d*** ipad
x2, :wink:
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

The realization that 50cc bikes could be had for little to nothing with some searching, and could be easily fixed in most cases *if* you could find the right information online :)

That said, I spend most of my 2-wheel time on a GS500E these days.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

:oops: I lost my licence for reckless driving, so when someone told me about a Honda spree for sale on a local backroad, i gathered up all the gas money I had saved having not driven for a month.

Now, there is little in the world I enjoy as much as driving, so after about a month I was desperate to pilot anything mechanical down the road. When i got there, the moped wasn't even out by the road, but up the drive by the garage. The thing was perfect, bar slight damage to the taillight assembly. Just shy of 4500 miles, it had been garage kept and never registered, used only as a yard vehicle for his grandkids and as a campground bike. 4500 miles of sweet, soft brake-in. When he came out he promptly pointed out every flaw on the bike.

"My friend told me you wanted $325 for this?" I inquired.

"Nope." He replied "this week I dropped it down to $275"

I rode it away with a huge grin on my face. And rode. And rode. Even after I got my licence back and no longer had to sneak around on a moped, I used it as primary transportation on any day the weather allowed. At somewhere around 10-12,0000 miles, the crank bearings finally started to give, vibrating the nut off the driven face, propelling the driven face on a mighty revolution against the splines on my crank that had so long oppressed it.

I've been kicked out of a skatepark by the police for riding it on the halfpipe. I"ve done permanent bodily damage flying over the handlebars offroad.

I love my spree. I can't wait for winter to end.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

why wait you could build your ski idea lol