Hey, throwing some ideas around.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Hey, throwing some ideas around.

Post by DorkoElite303 »

Long time no talk everyone. Its been awhile since I've logged on, but still riding. So I've been running around alot with the ruckus guys here in colorado and there is alot of them doing some big things and making some great parts. Well I'm still the only guy riding two-stroke and the only guy with an Elite. I dont see anyone making any more parts for the elite in the states but maybe still on the island? So I've hooked up with a machinist and been throwing around some ideas. Ive been coming up with ideas for mounts and disk brake set ups. Like mounts that would be a plug and play into sprees, aeros, and elite e. Plug and play for disk brakes for 94-01 Elites? NCY fork setup with clone dio wheels with a custom made triple tree. Maybe just an extension kit? I have the resources and the machinist. Just wanted to see some feed back if it would be worth it? For most of us its hard to get the pretty nice stuff from Hawaii, or even locate original Japanese hook-up parts. Finding dio stems is hard enough, let alone try and weld up a new one.

So feed back guys?
'07 Honda Goldwing 1800.
07' Honda CBR 600rr
'97 Honda Elite- parts bike
98' Honda Elite SA50 SR(85cc plus all bells and whistles)
00' Honda Elite SA50p S
83' Honda PAII (not running)
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Re: Hey, throwing some ideas around.

Post by turtle13 »

2 words... side stand.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

If you don't want to mess with a disc brake kit, just a bolt on stem would be huge.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I'm listening and like the idea.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

Its in the design right now. I have a live dio stem and a dio sr stem, which are both are totally different from each other. We are trying to come out with a triple tree that doesnt require you to cut the under fairing. It will take the stock handbars and will work with the handlebar lock also. Ill try and get pictures up of the prototype.

no one is interested in swap mount kits?
'07 Honda Goldwing 1800.
07' Honda CBR 600rr
00' Honda Elite SA50p S
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

only problem w/ mount kits is...
it limits what you can mount.
ie. if i have a spree and i want to put a dio...then i need a spree>dio mount
if i take the same spree and want to put a aero80 engine in it...different mount.
and so on.
there would have to be a mount for each different frame, and each engine you'd want to swap into it.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

hahaha, i just figured everyone wanted to do a dio swap. But hey, if you can find that 2t aero motor then why not.
'07 Honda Goldwing 1800.
07' Honda CBR 600rr
00' Honda Elite SA50p S
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

DorkoElite303 wrote:Its in the design right now. I have a live dio stem and a dio sr stem, which are both are totally different from each other. We are trying to come out with a triple tree that doesnt require you to cut the under fairing. It will take the stock handbars and will work with the handlebar lock also. Ill try and get pictures up of the prototype.

Would it be easier if there was a trade in program? I know with some Ruckus conversions, the customer has to send in their factory ruckus stem and vendor will modify it with the triple. If the customer doesn't want to send in their factory stem, it is an additional $50 charge or something like that.

I think you would have a hard time breaking even on swap mount kits. Any one with enough skill to swap the engine can trim the stock mount a little to fit it in there.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

DorkoElite303 wrote:hahaha, i just figured everyone wanted to do a dio swap. But hey, if you can find that 2t aero motor then why not.
A good aero motor is half the cost of a dio and it isn't as wide. I like the af05 conversion myself, confuse the techs that don't have real knowledge, just manual knowledge.
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

eliteguy50 wrote:
DorkoElite303 wrote:Its in the design right now. I have a live dio stem and a dio sr stem, which are both are totally different from each other. We are trying to come out with a triple tree that doesnt require you to cut the under fairing. It will take the stock handbars and will work with the handlebar lock also. Ill try and get pictures up of the prototype.

Would it be easier if there was a trade in program? I know with some Ruckus conversions, the customer has to send in their factory ruckus stem and vendor will modify it with the triple. If the customer doesn't want to send in their factory stem, it is an additional $50 charge or something like that.

I think you would have a hard time breaking even on swap mount kits. Any one with enough skill to swap the engine can trim the stock mount a little to fit it in there.
Actually they make plenty of ruckus stems and disk brake kits for that scoot. The original disk brakes they were using actually are fitted to the dio. But with these stems, the are too short. So finding the disk brake kit and wheel is not the problem, its find someone to distribute to us at a reasonable price so I can give it back to you guys for a reasonable price. If I can't find a good deal on the kit, you guys can source them out yourselves. As long as I can make a triple tree that is a plug and play...the community is happy right?
'07 Honda Goldwing 1800.
07' Honda CBR 600rr
00' Honda Elite SA50p S
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

This is the kit I was thinking. But instead of doing just one wheel I would source the rear wheel, so you guys would have a matching set. It will be similar to a jiang wayne kit, but cheaper with a stem that will allow the 94-01 guys to run disk brakes.
'07 Honda Goldwing 1800.
07' Honda CBR 600rr
00' Honda Elite SA50p S
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

eliteguy50 wrote:
DorkoElite303 wrote:hahaha, i just figured everyone wanted to do a dio swap. But hey, if you can find that 2t aero motor then why not.
A good aero motor is half the cost of a dio and it isn't as wide. I like the af05 conversion myself, confuse the techs that don't have real knowledge, just manual knowledge.
But with the dio, there is some much out there that you can do with it. So many parts. Souring parts for the aero motor is something you would almost have to custom.
'07 Honda Goldwing 1800.
07' Honda CBR 600rr
00' Honda Elite SA50p S
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

DorkoElite303 wrote:
eliteguy50 wrote:

Actually they make plenty of ruckus stems and disk brake kits for that scoot. The original disk brakes they were using actually are fitted to the dio. But with these stems, the are too short. So finding the disk brake kit and wheel is not the problem, its find someone to distribute to us at a reasonable price so I can give it back to you guys for a reasonable price. If I can't find a good deal on the kit, you guys can source them out yourselves. As long as I can make a triple tree that is a plug and play...the community is happy right?
Yes they do, but they also make modded stems on the cheaper side. Just a thought if making the neck was giving you guys problems.

I don't know about the community but I am happy that you are really trying. :2thumbs: Either way, I am stoked.
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

I'd buy a stem for a disk swap, I'd probably even get a few :P

DD50 front ends are easy to get, it's just the stem that's missing, I don't want to buy a whole NCY front end when I only really need 1 piece :P
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
xxjareebxx
Goped
Goped

Post by xxjareebxx »

what about the people with older elites like 93 and under?
1990 honda elite soon to be dio swap
looking for a dio engine anyone have one for sale?
selling a 1990 honda elite engine runs great shoot me an offer.