paint remover

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

xxjareebxx
Goped
Goped

paint remover

Post by xxjareebxx »

my plastics on my elite were painted a pink color and was wondering if paint remover would not damage the plastics other wise i would have to have my dad paint them.
1990 honda elite soon to be dio swap
looking for a dio engine anyone have one for sale?
selling a 1990 honda elite engine runs great shoot me an offer.
SpreeMadness520
Elite
Elite

Re: paint remover

Post by SpreeMadness520 »

Wipe them down really good with denatured alcohol and paint over them, I have to admit truck bed lining spray is the best paint for durability. :2thumbs:
130cc Stroker
1984 Porsche 944
1965 Vespa
xxjareebxx
Goped
Goped

Post by xxjareebxx »

SpreeMadness520 wrote:Wipe them down really good with denatured alcohol and paint over them, I have to admit truck bed lining spray is the best paint for durability. :2thumbs:
well the were painted with automotive paint and i was told it was a "500 dollar paint job" but it has runs and some edges arnt even, my dad has been painting for over 22 years now, and he said he would paint them, he said he has some dark green left over from when he painted his sled. i just dont want a pink scooter lol.
dogmir
Goped
Goped

Post by dogmir »

Try buying a big jug of acetone from the store that is what I use to remove the stock paint. Then adhesion promoter like bulldog or duplicolor. If your dad is a painter I am sure he will have access to a more commercial product in that category. Then you should be good to go. If it was a automotive paint job the acetone might not get through the clear coat but you can try. if not sand off the clear and use the acetone.
xxjareebxx
Goped
Goped

Post by xxjareebxx »

dogmir wrote:Try buying a big jug of acetone from the store that is what I use to remove the stock paint. Then adhesion promoter like bulldog or duplicolor. If your dad is a painter I am sure he will have access to a more commercial product in that category. Then you should be good to go. If it was a automotive paint job the acetone might not get through the clear coat but you can try. if not sand off the clear and use the acetone.
yeah, thinkin just sand if dont smooth then paint over it, the old paint job is sticking really good.
heres what they look like lol
http://youtu.be/drtLZdOuItU
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

The panels look cool just not for me.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
xxjareebxx
Goped
Goped

Post by xxjareebxx »

evilone wrote:The panels look cool just not for me.
Yeah i hate the color
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

xxjareebxx wrote:
SpreeMadness520 wrote:Wipe them down really good with denatured alcohol and paint over them, I have to admit truck bed lining spray is the best paint for durability. :2thumbs:
well the were painted with automotive paint and i was told it was a "500 dollar paint job" but it has runs and some edges arnt even, my dad has been painting for over 22 years now, and he said he would paint them, he said he has some dark green left over from when he painted his sled. i just dont want a pink scooter lol.
If your dad has been painting over 22 years then I'm sure he is aware to use a paint with a flex agent added......

I would sand them down to remove the old paint .... primer them then paint them with a flexable paint.
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
xxjareebxx
Goped
Goped

Post by xxjareebxx »

novs86 wrote:
xxjareebxx wrote:
If your dad has been painting over 22 years then I'm sure he is aware to use a paint with a flex agent added......

I would sand them down to remove the old paint .... primer them then paint them with a flexable paint.
alright ill tell him that see what he says, not sure when i can do this alot stuff has been going.