Twin dio possible?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Twin dio possible?

Post by swimmingfree »

sorry bran fart ...lol
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

as for stock cranks i would suggest a OEM Honda crank , or more costly way is malossi cranks.
I have seen them as well snap off on the variator side, "mostly" ruima mini strokers. Not saying i havent seen strokers and stock ones break as well. The breakage of the taiwan stuff was due to bad manufacturing. We had a few bad batches that got sent to hawaii. even out of spec bores. Reason is they are running out of parts so alot of that stuff were actually "seconds & thirds" Since then they have remanufactured a bunch so that issue hasnt been to bad. Another reason alot of so called taiwan manufacture have gone to china to produce stuff for them. Since 2006 they were suppose to stop the manufacture of 2t bikes, since then stuff has been alot harder to get.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Since you are running stock connecting rods I will hook you up with two 50mm Taiwan bores for testing if you need them. A simple port job and a re-hone and you should be good to go. They actually are decent kits if broke in correctly. Every little bit helps :ndance:

I dont get on to much lately but I am enjoying this thread.

Taz
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

I would really appreciate that a lot. I will be leaving the country for a bit soon, but I will have to get back to you on that.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

To bad im not closer , i would want to port those cases for you!
LOL i know it was a lot to ship your last motor to me and back, if you can get them to me, you know ill do them for you..
Aloha
D
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

D, you think that you are going to get off that easy?! You know that the first one goes right to you for "final inspections"

Well, lessons learned yesterday. First, measure twice and cut once. Ill have to figure this issue out and determine if it was user error, or calculator error.

Secondly, make sure that you s*** is tied down properly, or it will destroy itself.

Anyway, I will use the piece that I have to determine if the crank cavity will work, then I will start on some coding and theory.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

hehe thanks for thinking about me dude!! you know i would race it first thing lol!!
If you need anything let me know, im sure i can find some source of parts ;)

LOL i was thinking if you used a small race rotor like a daytona or a trigger set up you could actually put a carb on the stator side, then run a exhaust on each separate side. lol still havent figured out about kicker hehe I still prefer the intakes to be a direct port style..but again when doing something like this the sky is the limits of your imagination!
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

Long time, no bump!

Well I had a chance to install the crank into my engine prototype and I discovered that I haven't made the pocket deep enough. Crank seems to be square with the hole, but I need to check my measurements.

I also need to square the motor to my table and take a few more measurements to ensure that the deck is square to the motor. I think that it is off by a percentage of a degree, and I hve no clue how I would support the motor so that I could skim it.

My aluminum billet block arrived today as well! I have no picture, but I will get around to it. I am starting to debate on how I am going to go around supporting it and indexing it. Panic is about to set in!

I am debating on making another run with the foam blocks before I move onto this piece. I still feel that I should take another practice at it and run the code in full. this will require a weekend alone, and we all know that is impossible!
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Did you cut off a section of the original side?
Sure looks it!

Take your time man!! dont rush into it yet and destroy a nice piece of billet for no reason!!
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

I think it resulted from a change in design that didnt work its way back to the model. I will correct it and finish this up in no time.

Looking for a table mounted vise for my CNC. I gotta go to LA for a few days, so Ill be back at it soon enough.
Carnie
Elite
Elite

Twin dio possible?

Post by Carnie »

Any news?
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

Getting my * kicked at work. No time for the motor!

I am also trying to get the vice sorted on the CNC machine. Its 4thou off in the Y direction. and 2thou off in the Z direction.
I want it perfect before I start on it again.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Yeah dont rush it man!
Perfections takes time and effort!
pitobread
Goped
Goped

Post by pitobread »