New Guy here!!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

ScootStick1
Noob
Noob

New Guy here!!

Post by ScootStick1 »

Hello everybody,

My names Randy I live in Mid Missouri and I just picked up a '94 Elite that is pretty rough and needs some work, I have been scouring the boards for info but I have quite a few questions which I will get into later...

Will have pics of this train wreck for you guys tomorrow, Thanks in advance for all the info
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: New Guy here!!

Post by Trafficjamz »

:hi:

welcome

Here is a pic of my latest train wreck
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

welcome scootstik 1. Hope your wrecks not as bad as Trafficjamz
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

That wacky Thomas the Tank Engine won't mess with the Jet Engine again anytime soon. You must have some young kids, 'Jamz! Wheel-Boy is all into Thomas too.

Welcome, Randy. Hope the Jopliin Tornado didn't mess up your neck o' the woods too badly. Congrats on the '94. It's a Good model with which to start. We're full of information around here. Full o' somethin', anyway... :wink:
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Welcome. :hi:
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
richdavison34
Elite
Elite

Post by richdavison34 »

Welcome to the forums.

There are a lot of very smart guys on here, I'm sure your Elite will be good to go soon.
"Normality is an illusion rooted in the disease of fear, the unafflicted labeled insane".

"The removal of ignorance is more important that the acquisition of knowledge."

1984 Honda Aero 50.
Carb Swap. Cone filter.
ScootStick1
Noob
Noob

Post by ScootStick1 »

Thanks for the welcome party gents, I'm about 4 hours from Joplin the weather was sooo crazy here yesterday.

Anywho, I'll post pics of the scooter when I get home. I just picked it up yesterday it needs a little work but it's going to be fun. They put a filter similar to a UNI filter on it and left the carb alone so she is running weird.

I'm very interested in doing some mods to this thing to get it in a comfortable 50ish mph cruising speed. Ive looked at the polini bbk and a few other items but if anyone has the best way for me to reach my goal I'd be all ears :2thumbs:
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

78cc nick bore with 8.4 gears will make you very happy and give you more then your looking for for about 300 bucks (bore, carb kit, and gears) :thumbwink:
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Fast-Plastic has given very good advice, if you axt me. DayWOT's Nikasil 49mm/78cc is among the most durable, if not highest-performing bore kits I've tried. Believe me if it was easy to destroy, I would have done it! :oops:
I had mine going about 60MPH with 8.4s, which is about as tall as that setup should go. Mine had a pipe, a CT manifold and a series of different carbs - all about the same performance. An Arreche-for-Honda carb in the 19 or 21mm size can be bolted straight up to the stock manifold. (The link is for example only. Scooter-Center.com once had them cheaper in Germany, but I couldn't find one today. Google "Amal Arreche Vision". You might want to add the 26mm V8 Pipe from JiangWayne to your list to reach 60 Top, easy 50-55 cruise. Still under $400 for the carb, pipe, bore kit, and gears. Reliablility should be as good as stock.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
ScootStick1
Noob
Noob

Post by ScootStick1 »

Thanks for the info I want a bulletproof 45mph cruising speed if that is achievable please post links I have a list of things im looking at...

Carb
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OKO-28mm ... 0662590619

Variator
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Speed-Va ... 0789128956

Cdi box
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RACE-CDI ... 0360432766

BBK
http://www.malossiusaonline.com/category_s/127.htm
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

You dont need CDI box and your carb is way to big for a d.d. if you want to run that bbk go for it but you will need to switch your gears out......
ScootStick1
Noob
Noob

Post by ScootStick1 »

Thanks for the help man, Sounds like I really need to look into gears.. any specific brand I should look into?

Seperate question-- The previous owner put a foam filter on it similar to a UNI Filter and now it seems like its getting too much air and it cuts out pretty bad. Jet the carb up? What size jet should I be running I believe everything else is all factory
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

ScootStick1 wrote:Thanks for the help man, Sounds like I really need to look into gears.. any specific brand I should look into?

Seperate question-- The previous owner put a foam filter on it similar to a UNI Filter and now it seems like its getting too much air and it cuts out pretty bad. Jet the carb up? What size jet should I be running I believe everything else is all factory
No specific brand, half of them probably come out of the same factory in Taiwan and then just get a different brand at distribution. 9.8:1 will give you bullet proof 45mph and the best acceleration.

Try an 88 or 90 main jet and check your plug from there.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

eliteguy50 wrote: 9.8:1 will give you bullet proof 45mph and the best acceleration.

Try an 88 or 90 main jet and check your plug from there.
9.8 gears are too short :imo: 9.1 or 8.4 gear would be better

9.8's would make your engine rev too high :nervous:

I would get the prodigy variator instead of the Keli. I comes with a ramp plate and more rollers for the same amount of $$
Get your gears from the same seller and save on shipping too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racing-v ... ccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17x41-sp ... ccessories
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
ScootStick1
Noob
Noob

Post by ScootStick1 »

Thanks for the insight... Unfortunately, I'm about 750 miles from my scooter for a week as my Grandmother passed away in Alabama. I really wish I had my scooter down here so I could tear up some of these beautiful backroads