Sold off my 50's

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

PolarIce
Spree
Spree

Sold off my 50's

Post by PolarIce »

Well.... They weren't receiving as much attention as I had thought so I sold em off.

Still have the Elite 110's for cruising around. I wished I had kept better track of $$ spent on parts but oh well. Here's the recap.

Bought this 1988 Elite LX for $100 and sold for $400.

Pretty much put the body back together cleaned it up and rode it around the neighborhood.

I must be pretty lazy because the new owner has only had it a month and this is what her boyfriend did to it after they got. (WOW)

I bought the UE for $80 missing alot of parts and sold it to the boyfriend of the Elite owner. He just picked it up today. Alot more hours and $$$ into this one. Sold for $300. It still needed some wiring work.

I guess I better line up some more projects for winter. I saw a C70 passport a few days ago I wonder if he still has it?

I wouldn't mind stepping up my game and doing this DIY project. Check it out.

http://www.rycamotors.com/

You take a used Suzuki Savage 650

And turn it into this:

What do you think?
1984 Honda NN50 Gyro
1986? Honda Aero 50
PolarIce=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Pola ... WAGB-11%29
Served Onboard 94-97
motormike

Re: Sold off my 50's

Post by motormike »

..... :sad: <...me wanting an Urban........ :geekdance: ...<...you after putting cash in pocket
Had one occasion to ride a Savage for the afternoon....wasn't in the best of tune, and lacked any handling quality....failed to impress me....friend currently rides a Savage and he is only mildly satisfied with his....says the exhaust note bothers him....doesn't fit his idea of a good sounding bike....admittedly looking fine with the conversion you've pictured......check out these 2 Hondas that are stock bikes
Attachments
Honda-FT_500_Ascot-1982.jpg
Honda-FT_500_Ascot-1982.jpg (61.48 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
ForSale08Aug27HondaAscot.jpg
ForSale08Aug27HondaAscot.jpg (63.87 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
DeathByFox
Spree
Spree

Re: Sold off my 50's

Post by DeathByFox »

Motormike i like you . Those honda motorcycles are my favorite type of bike. To be with the thread topic i love urban express's and i dont think i have ever seen one in that color scheme only silver and black.
Bright lights put me in a dance But it aint house music makes me wanna dance