title and registrations

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: title and registrations

Post by noiseguy »

eliteguy50 wrote:
noiseguy wrote:Arkansas has no title or registration. It was interesting getting it titled in FL, but I got it done.
I will have to call Arkansas vehicle registration in the morning. I tried to get a moped titled and registered here but Iowa DOT said Arkansas has registration but no titles and I need the registration in addition to the bill of sale. Hopefully you are right and I can have Arkansas send me the law to take to my local office. Either way I would have to have the bike inspected by Iowa DOT before receiving plates.
What FL got hung up on was that FL treats mopeds and scooters differently... they couldn't understand that in AR, they don't make a differentiation b/t a 50cc bike with pedals and one without them. In FL, mopeds have registration only, and 50cc scooters titles. They ended up calling the state office in AR to confirm what I was telling them... that neither is registered or titled in the great state of AR.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
DavidB
Goped
Goped

Re: title and registrations

Post by DavidB »

I thought I would update this licensing thread as it relates to Washington State and my 1985 Honda Flush I found 3 years ago.

Finally got it in running condition and searched the DMV data base and there is no record of its serial no. from the last 6 years. A new title will cost $16 and license/registration/plate and additional $60. I would choose the 3 year affidavit over the bond which means if an owner were to claim it, he could. The Flush wasn't made for export out of Japan I assume and also assume it came in a conex container to the US and was never registered upon arrival. I might just try it after I retire. Can't drive it on roads over 35 MPH which I can see would be an issue for other drivers. I'll continue driving my 1974 CL450K6 which I now take to work every day.