84 spree

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

88elitenh
BMX
BMX

84 spree

Post by 88elitenh »

thinking about buying an 84 spree with 400 original miles but dont know much about them. i own an 88 elite and love it. Can someone fill me in more on if the sprees are good like the elites and just personal experiences with sprees? I would appreciate it!
SpreeMadness520
Elite
Elite

Re: 84 spree

Post by SpreeMadness520 »

I love sprees, I bought my spree when I was about 12. Theyre simple and fun to ride. lots of parts for them if it is damaged but some parts can be hard to find. If you arent much of a gear head and a speed demon sprees are perfect. Me being young needed something faster so that blossomed into a monstorous spree but the original spree engine does not have much room for exponential modifications! If its for a reasonable price...BUY IT :thumbwink:
130cc Stroker
1984 Porsche 944
1965 Vespa
DickB
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: 84 spree

Post by DickB »

Only had my Spree for a short time but my impression is that it is a fun small scooter, but definitely not fast. It is tiny and lightweight; I can easily lift it into my minivan to take along on road trips, which was my main purpose. It has no varator and is very slow to get moving, especially with a adult rider. If speed is your main thing and/or you want to mod for speed, there are better choices.
D i c k
87 Spree - 03 Reflex
http://www.carveshop.com