Spree Riders - Have any other scooters?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

BluPhire wrote:That thing is pretty sweet, is it brand new? Do you have to get it street legal? How much are payments, or did you pay for it in cash?

Matt Kruger
a.k.a. BluPhire
its slightly used, only 23miles. I am in the process of legalizing it. I paid in full and in cash, and got it for quite a bargain too. :wink: Still the retail price of $1500 isnt too bad either. It looks awesome and comes with a remote alarm, remote start, painted rims, italian exhaust, a lot of other stuff. heres another site for it, some of the engine specs are off though:

http://www.menintools.com/ventor3i.html
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Are the rims Rattlecanned or Powdercoated? What color is it? Only 23 miles? Where did you buy it from?
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

BluPhire wrote:Are the rims Rattlecanned or Powdercoated? What color is it? Only 23 miles? Where did you buy it from?
lol, ur just full of questions. :lol: I believe the wheels are powdercoated, mine is the same color as on both sites, red and black. yes only 23 miles, but a few minor scratches and cracks from falling over once before. I bought it from a private dealer not too far away from me.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

That's pretty cool, I ask so many questions because I'm looking to get some other type of scooter, because the Spree just isn't cutting it for me any more :( . Well, I shouldn't say that, I love my Spree, but I wouldn't mind having something a bit faster, I'm stick in the dirt bike craze. Plus, there's nothing wrong with asking questions, even though I know you didn't mean anything by it.

Matt Kruger
a.k.a. BluPhire
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Oh yeah, one more quick thing....
What year is it?
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

BluPhire wrote:Oh yeah, one more quick thing....
What year is it?
im ok with the questions, they all just came so quickly, it was kinda funny. i believe this is the first year vento came out with this model, and its a 2004.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

* that is awsome, a remote alarm and starter... For a MOPED. Haha, awsome idea. no fair, i want that on my aprilia. Nice looking moped for the money tho.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Definately worth it.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Tippmann98 wrote:* that is awsome, a remote alarm and starter... For a MOPED. Haha, awsome idea. no fair, i want that on my aprilia. Nice looking moped for the money tho.
:D thx

im lookin forward to getting it registered so i can get it on the road and really try it out. so far i've only gone up and down my street with it.
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

I have a 599cc scooter. Do you guys use your scoots for everyday transport? I wouldn't think of using my spree for anything other than running to 7-11 for milk or Autozone for misc s***. It really doesn't travel more than a couple miles from my house. For longer travel or to work, I just take the CBR. :D
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Ya, I only ride my Spree around the hood, but sometimes I take it in the river bottom and ride it all day. But I don't satnd a chance keeping up with my friend's '93 YZ250, or my other friend's YZF250, or my other friend's YZ125. lol, I gotta get a dirt bike.
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

Most streetbikes don't have a chance of keeping up with those larger dirt bikes either acceleration wise.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

I doubt it, but acceleration wise it might. That's probably what you were trying to say anyways.
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

A large two stroke dirt bike will out-accelerate a 4 stroke streetbike any day of the week.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Kikwear wrote:A large two stroke dirt bike will out-accelerate a 4 stroke streetbike any day of the week.
2stroke = better aceleration > 4 stroke acceleration

1 power stroke every 2 cycles as oppose to 1 every 4 cycles.