Abuse on a moped?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Re: Abuse on a moped?

Post by motormike »

It's late, 2 am, and I'm ready for a short rant. Having also been the target of hooligans with their bottle-throwing antics, most have been able to make a get-away. Since nobody has ever gotten hurt during those incidents, pursuit was not nescessary. There is no reason for such behaviour in a rational persons mind. The number of irrational people traveling around freely in today's world is the real tragedy. Morals and values have been replaced by materialistic, hate-mongers who look for wholesome people to victimize. There is still a whole lot of good in the world, too. I try to be a part of the solution, and not the problem. That doesn't mean that i'm not in favor of "a little rough justice"....Marilyn Million....Anyway, to put a cap on this, SCOOTERS DO NOT GET RESPECTED BY MOTORISTS OF ALL OTHER VEHICLES. BECAUSE THEY ARE SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT THEN MY AUTOMOBILE IS ENTITLED TO THE RIGHT-OF-WAY IN ALL SITUATIONS.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Dylan2001Elite
BMX
BMX

Post by Dylan2001Elite »

im 14 and drive my moped illegally, for now, and a 15 year old "punk teen" went by and threw a piece of pizza at me, luckily i knew who he was and what to kinda expect, i caught it against my shirt, took a bite, and threw it in his window at the stop sign!! :crazy: he got * but i never take crap from him, just like grandpa says!
Dylan
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

I have a fast enuff scooter to catch up to * who cut me off for no reason. A nice kick to the door is all that is ever needed.

No need to bring the heat. :surprise:

new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
SpreeMadness520
Elite
Elite

Post by SpreeMadness520 »

Yeah I never got passed on my spree :naughty:
130cc Stroker
1984 Porsche 944
1965 Vespa
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Sorry to burst your bubble but some of us are not only old but disabled and kicking doors is just not option. Besides if there are several of them or if he runs you off the road, how the * do you defend yourself them?
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

The nh80 makes a heck of a sand spray if you are on the beach.

If you are on the road, rev the engine to.create a cloud of 2t smoke, then you can take them one on one Bear.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

I guess I don't get passed very often. :smile:

I have never needed a gun on a scooter ride.

Flipping the bird, is usually all I need to feel better.
OneBulletDan
Elite
Elite

Post by OneBulletDan »

I live ten miles north of the deadliest city in America. Going anywhere without a gun simply is not an option.
The guys that kick doors always make me smile. If you`re close enough to kick a door, you`re close enough to get side swiped and killed. In a car verses scooter battle, common sense dictates that the scooter loses.
I`ve been lucky so far as to deliberate abuse. I guess looking like a *`s Angel`s reject helps. It`s the normal day to day non-driving SOB`s that I worry about. I try not to take it personal. Most of it you can see coming if you`re paying attention.
attitude1.jpg
attitude1.jpg (20.31 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
We can learn much from wise words, and less from wise guys.
Chicago Ben
Elite
Elite

Post by Chicago Ben »

Trafficjamz wrote:I guess I don't get passed very often. :smile:

I have never needed a gun on a scooter ride.

Flipping the bird, is usually all I need to feel better.
:thumbwink:
1995 SA50P
pop pulley
50mm Ruima
8.44:1 gears
PG Typhoon
1500k spring
1000k Polini triples
M Keli clutch
28mm Keihin PWK
OKO Polished intake
uni filter
Spreeboy7118
BMX
BMX

Post by Spreeboy7118 »

Ive never kicked a door but thats a good one :lol: Ive usually just thrown the bird. :D But theres always a chance that they turn around. :nervous: and I dont like that.
86' Spree
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Riding to work on a then-fresh Flash I one morning, a tatty Dodge Neon passed me to the left and a half-full Sprite can emerged from the rear passenger window, lobbed in my general direction. The traffic signal was red up ahead and I pulled alongside. Four young - high school? - students were inside, at least one girl.

The rear window had been rolled closed, so I actually reached over and opened the rear door, to be greeted by four bleary red-eyed "students" and a thick waft of marijuana smoke. I asked the suspected can-lobber in the rear seat if he just intended to litter or if he actually meant me bodily harm. The frightened look on his face told me he got the point. I called the tag number into a friend of mine in Law Enforcement, and later learned they'd been playing hooky and were in some sort of trouble with school and/or parents. (Mom's Neon driven stoned...)

Hopefully at least one of them will have learned a lesson: Don't mess with Scooter Trash.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Kicking doors is not something that I do while moving.

I did it once after I caught up to the vehicle at the stop light.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I've never had anything thrown at me. I get lots of thumbs up though. Sometimes the High school kids make fun of me because they have to walk like chumps. I did have a kid drive by me in the parking lot today when I had my plastics off checking my carb, and his buddy in the passenger seat told me to get a life but only after they were far enough for me not to really hear because he was a p*ussy. I don't care, they were driving a s*** box car and why would i care. I had a young kid hang out of the window of a moving car to tell how much he liked my scooter two weeks ago that was cool.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
geezer101
Goped
Goped

Post by geezer101 »

Here in South Australia we have a number of laws that address these kind of issues. You get the a-hole's license plate and report them to the police, and for their efforts they get a visit from the knuckle dragging arm's of the law at their doorstep. Anyone engaging in burn outs or street racing is dating the chance of having their ride impounded. But, as you guys have pointed out, in the battle between scooters and cars - the humble scoot is not going to be a winner... just play it cool and let karma wreak its revenge
OneBulletDan
Elite
Elite

Post by OneBulletDan »

patthesoundguy wrote:I've never had anything thrown at me. I get lots of thumbs up though. Sometimes the High school kids make fun of me because they have to walk like chumps. I did have a kid drive by me in the parking lot today when I had my plastics off checking my carb, and his buddy in the passenger seat told me to get a life but only after they were far enough for me not to really hear because he was a p*ussy. I don't care, they were driving a s*** box car and why would i care. I had a young kid hang out of the window of a moving car to tell how much he liked my scooter two weeks ago that was cool.
That`s the normal around here, too. I get a lot of waves, thumbs ups, and smiles. The common thing while stopped at a trafic light is, "What kind of mileage do you get?", or "Where can I get one?".
Folks that normally wouldn`t think about talking to me will strike up a conversation while I`m scooting. Maybe it`s because I can`t ride the thing without a big grin on my face! :love:
We can learn much from wise words, and less from wise guys.