New to the club :)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

New to the club :)

Post by burnt_toast »

Hey everyone! I've had my spree for a pretty long time, but just recently found this forum for it. It has been my first vehicle and I've had a lot of fun with it.

Background: I basically bought it from a friend of a friend who had no intention of working on it, for 25 bucks. Bare in mind it had flat tires, no turn signals, dead battery, and not to mention a messed up engine. 8O I took on the task of fixing all of this and after about $300 and a top-end rebuild (piston and rings) the Spree was up and running!

It lasted me about a year and then finally after riding it down a particularly nice hill, the piston over-heated, melted and scratched up the cylinder. 8O Then came time for another rebuild, and I had to get a new-used cylinder this time to supplement the scratched one. It was fun but after a short time from the second rebuild I got stopped and got a ticket for a few things I did not have that made the scooter illegal. :oops:

I have since only rode it up and down my street everynow and then. That is basically my story in a nutshell. In between theres a lot of interesting trips and funny races, but thats all for now. :wink: Hope this was a nice read for yall.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Haha, Nice... I detest putting in the pistin pin clips. They are such a pain, if you want to hone the cylinder. Try using a brake cylinder hone, they work excellently.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Tippmann98 wrote:Haha, Nice... I detest putting in the pistin pin clips. They are such a pain, if you want to hone the cylinder. Try using a brake cylinder hone, they work excellently.
my friend had a machine to hone out the cylinder each time I rebuilt it. and yeh the pins are a pain. but now the scooter is just calmy sitting in my garage with a good idle adjustment and almost new piston, but no title... :?
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Haha, yeah... The title, a document almost all spree's are lacking to have. Isnt that right Shane4188??? Good work with the spree, i am still intrested to see how an oversized spree will work. (or preform with approperate mods needed)
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Yep, no title here either. But I don't care, I know mine is'nt stolen or anything, just too lazy to go fine a salvage claim. Oh well.

Matt Kruger
a.k.a. BluPhire
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

BluPhire wrote:Yep, no title here either. But I don't care, I know mine is'nt stolen or anything, just too lazy to go fine a salvage claim. Oh well.

Matt Kruger
a.k.a. BluPhire
how would it be possible to find a salvage claim?

btw took the spree out today to do a few street runs up and down my street w/ my friends 125cc xtreme daytona. got beat, then got on my vento and won a few. :)
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Not find, FILE. Oops! I meant an abondoned vehicle claim, or something. Never-the-less, I could still get the title and not get into any trouble, because I know it's not stolen.

Sorry for the confusion.

Matt Kruger
a.k.a. BluPhire
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

My spree may have been stolen multiple times for all I know. I really think that it has been stolen at least once. I hope to never get pulled over or it may be trouble.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Haha, yeah. I was, but i think it never has been because i traded my three wheeler for it and i got it off of a person who got it from the orignal owners.