Time to put up or shut up spreemadness

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Time to put up or shut up spreemadness

Post by tru72 »

thats good enough for me, if that 8.44 stands, I still have races coming up and that number might change..
Traffic, I know you'll make sure its legitimate.

its not that i dont want him to see him go faster. I applaude you guys cause you guys did improve over the last year numbers. It makes me smile knowing that others are trying to improve their bikes. Now being humble about it thats fine and dandy, but when its a childish talk behind your back bs. thats where i draw the line. Im not about that style at all.
I know he should be juts as fast or faster at his current weight he is now. If he was here my bike would be doing a super low 8/ high 7s petty easy.

Its getting old when shops owners and fellow moped riders call, text and message me about this. LOL i have enough of that locally LOL!! Plus its a good benefit for me as well. someone goes faster, I know i will as well!
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Traffick i dont like strokers but i have a extra elite block i can build one with. I havent gone that big because im into the wheelie sceene and not the strip
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

kingkamehameha wrote:Traffick i dont like strokers but i have a extra elite block i can build one with. I havent gone that big because im into the wheelie sceene and not the strip

I have not built a stroker for the street, but I imagine it would be a great wheelie machine. :smile:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Traffic you have to build one for the street hehe .. just take out tons of compression and I know you use a temp gauge and youll have a blast . use some crazy gears like 5.8s hehe.
and King, it still wheelies with that gearing haha!!!
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

I can do 55 mph wheelies all day for minutes at a time with 7.6:1 gears
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

:popcorn: (always wanted to use this icon. :thumbwink:)
Tru72 you mentioned faster times in the moped world... is this with the dio style engine? Just wondering...
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Dio... I have heard claims from Phililpines and Puerto Rico of dios running in the high 6s , 11 in the 1l4 mile, but never a time slip. On the other hand I have seen time slips from Europe /asia that are anywhere from low 5s mid 6s, but they are not dios. lol Europe considers them garbage. My friends at maxiscoot in France always say that if I was there I would * off tons of hard core minarelli guys, and worse beat them.
Japan/taiwan only races 1/32,.. I guess they don't have the space for drag strips cause most of the tracks I see are on kart tracks or race tracks . Also they believe that a motor can't handle going any further LOL. Friends from Taiwan was say that my pink bike is easy in the top 5 bikes there when the do estimates with their fastest bikes.
So yes my 8.44 is fast for Hawaii , but else where its a noob bike lol!
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

:popcorn:
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

To clear a few things up here, its never about me being the fastest cause im not, maybe in Hawaii... but not in the world. I didnt want to my friends and people here to think it was all about that.
This "exercise" is to first show that if all the riders are the same weight its becomes more of the builder/tuning that makes a bike go fast. I know that spreemadness should have beaten my numbers the first time out. Im guessing with his weight advantage he is capable of doing a low8/high 7 easily. Its easy when your at a "jockey" weight. Thats how alot of oahu guys did it back in the day, one build someone else rides it. Thats the way its been all thru the quest for speed. So i hope to see him riding with a back pack to adjust his weight just to let him see for him self the reasons why he is alot faster then most there that race with him. I remember in the past when Kryptonite and I were setting those classes up there was some concern that it might be unsafe doing that.... if thats the case all us heavier guys are just as unsafe as well lol. When its all said and done its all about tuning!
My set up is at its ends of its R/D work, i can do a few more things to get it faster, but with my weight it will be hard pressed to get into the low 8s It was discussed with other in april that this motor was going to do to a better useage :twisted:
so whats next hehehehe~

Good luck!!!
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

I don't understand the hostility or disbelief here.
To all the Hawaiians; Don't forget that us Michiganders build far faster two strokes than scooters, have a very long heritage of two stroke racing, and have WAY more "old timers" with their "special tuning tricks" than 'Yall do. Michigan is like a Mecca of two stroke enthusiasts.

Or didja' forget that we live where snowmobiles are king? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHC0OXKBSMI

We're all here to have fun, and we're basically just racing slow, small displacement toys for the laughs. :coolcruise: So laugh, and have fun. Otherwise, why bother at all?

:| Chill out, scoot on, and be merry, friends.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

Don't fall off that high horse of urs :confused:
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

fastplastic wrote:Don't fall off that high horse of urs :confused:

No high horse here, Bobbo. :thumbsup: Just pointing out that when the s*** talking gets all crazy like, we tend to lose perspective. I liked the mopeds when we used to get a mob and ride the lakeshore. To me, that is where it's at. Riding hard through the curvy bits.

The race bikes are cool and all, and if had the money to build a full stroker laying around, I'm positive that I could literally just jump in and be right up with everybody else. But honestly, I'd build myself a nice little MHR rep on a Malossi crank and an Arrow pipe for my 87 Elite before I would build a full stroker. s***, I'd paint my truck with that money.

There is no Geographical center of the two stroke world. Being from somewhere in particular has nothing to do with it. Gearheads are the same the world 'round (though I must say that the Australians are particularly demented).
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Good thing this is a moped forum and not a snomobile one. Im gonna put it out there and say the philipines has the best moto scene around weather its 4 or 2 stroke. Tons of parts and tons of builders. He thing is people shut down entire blocks and drag right there on the street. Shops go head to head and throw 10k plus in bets against eachother. No one does it like them. They sure do know how to build bikes and they love gambling!
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

wiguy05 wrote:
SpreeMadness520 wrote:I do all my own tuning home dog
I call BS. :eyeroll:
+1. he is not giving credit to the person or people thats helping him and taking the credit all himself. typical kid mentality. I garentee he had a dads friend or relative that specializes in 2 stroke engines, port that cylinder because the taida stuff out the box need some tweeking porting wise to get it to make those speeds for drag racing.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Porting is very hard. You cant just teach yourself. I remember when baka coached me over the phone on my first real port job via phone pictures. Most people who do know how to port never like teaching others because they feel threatened by the thought of someone else being faster. Thats why i give baka and tru72 mad props and all the credit for what my bike is. I metion thier names to people in kona who i do port jobs for. They ask how i learned and i give credit to the teachers. This site has helped people all over the world who would have other wise paid someone to do the work. Guys like tjams, fastplastic,burnt toast,wheelman who have done tons of write ups and helped countless people. To come on here and learn from these guys or have them work on your bike or build your bike then turn around and talk smack to other builders who have been here from the start is bs!