Waving

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Waving

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Ripped off, more or less, from HD V-Twin Forums:
The identity of the original Author is lost to me, or I'd give him/her credit. Updated and edited by Wheelman.

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community; a family, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Waving shows that we embrace this brother- and sisterhood that is riding. Waving is our way of acknowledging our commonalities while displaying our individuality. So I happily wave to everybody.

Except Honda guys. I hate Honda guys. Especially Gold Wing riders. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their giant fairings and super-quiet pipes. And those stupid  helmets with those idiotic boom microphones they use to talk with their passenger, who's invariably clad in the same outfit as the * rider - God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, do I hate those guys. I don't wave at them either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their overpriced 180 degree Boxer engines. God, I hate them.

They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they have got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grandpa.

Oh, and Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color as long as it is red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a Desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. God forbid they should ever wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll wheelie by me and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep going.

Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

When I'm on my Harley I'll wave at other Harley guys, but I have to be careful not to accidentally wave at someone whoÔÇÖs riding a bike that only looks like a Harley. So if IÔÇÖm unsure, I donÔÇÖt wave. This means that sometimes I accidentally donÔÇÖt wave to a Harley guy, but thatÔÇÖs way better than waving to a guy on Rice Cruiser that just looks like a Harley.

When I'm on my scooter, I wave at other scooters. But ONLY Honda scooters. But not underpowered 4-strokes like Ruckuses. (Ruckii?) What is that, anyway? Looks like some designer had his blueprints pulled into production before he was done. Bright-colored exposed tube frame and all that open air under the saddle. Oh and Metros. Get a Cannondale if you wanna go that slow, pal. I never wave at them. Or Vespas. Art Deco meets Buckminster Fuller pulling a cloud of blue smoke. I don't wave at them either. Nor do I wave at anything Chinese. They leave too many parts falling off, creating a road hazard.

And I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and, by the way, neither will the guys in two piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at - those guys with the helmets with loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet ÔÇô like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

So to me, motorcycling is like a family, a close knit brotherhood of people who ride Harleys (or Honda Scooters,) wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Re: Waving

Post by zuphilius »

I wave at anyone on 2 wheels. If they don't wave back, the next time I see them I wave anyways.

I've had Harley riders compliment me on my Ruckus down in AZ.

I don't expect a wave back, but if I get one, bonus points.
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Sometimes I wave at cars. But, sometimes with just 1 finger. Some people don't think bikes should be on the roads. :evil:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
motormike

Post by motormike »

martynkim wrote:Sometimes I wave at cars. But, sometimes with just 1 finger. Some people don't think bikes should be on the roads. :evil:
Yeah, we all have volumes of stories... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

I come from the school of two fingers down, or keep two wheels down. I will throw out three fingers for trikes/can-ams. I got to throw one finger up to some * on a sportsbike doing wheelies with no safety gear on R-66. I hope he wrecks... :love:

I "Peace-sign" everyone that I see on two wheels when i'm on two wheels, except on the interstate, where noone can see you anyway. I notice that I get regonised back from most everyone on the street when I am on my V-Star, but little recgonition on my smaller bikes. For the most part, I see those that ride for the joy of riding (or as I will reffer to them as "Real Riders") and those that want to be cool for the sake of being cool (or as I will reffer to them as "My father-in-law" or "Wannabes" for short) just kidding about the first...

Those real riders respect people for the experience and the wannabes forsake anyone that may take away their glory.

In short, its bad luck (so I have been told) to not respond to a "Two Wheels Down" when it has been presented to you. Those that don't will end up as someones new kidney soon enough.

:peace:
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Been on Reddit too long... Tried to upvote.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
87spree70superbee
Spree
Spree

Post by 87spree70superbee »

Sometimes I wave at bikers and scooters, but never at cars when I'm on my dad's Kymco. (I can't legally ride my honda yet) Every once in a while, there's some *hole that calls you a * for riding a scooter, they get a one-fingered salute. :twisted:

Then there's the ones that get too close to you at a stoplight. It seems like if they get rear-ended, they're going to go flyin' right into you. :bump:

And then there's the ones in their cars that go past you honking and waving, and you're just like :*: :crazy:

And... then there's the ones that don't care, and actually drive like they have brains, and respect riders. MY PEOPLE!!! :D

I know I kind of changed from waving to drivers, uhhh... whatever. LOL
Black 85 Spree-SOLD

Red 87 Spree... Ended up buying the same one mentioned below.

I started riding my uncle's 87 Spree at the drag strip when I was 8...

It's easier to stop caring three years ago than it is to fix it in present time.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Zuphilius has the best attitude. Act Friendly on the road. A smile, a wave might eventually improve the Bike-Haters' attitude if they see it often enough. Besides, you never really know to whom you're giving the finger. I know some guys who might decide to chase you down and cut that finger off. I dunno, maybe you think your Elite is fast enough to outrun 'em? Your mileage may vary.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Seems in St Louis I see a lot of peace signs, in Australia we just nod. Try to keep the hands secure is my theory. I agree with Wheel some people are plain bonkers and will probably chase you down on a bad day if you solo finger salute them.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Who cares :surprise:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
87spree70superbee
Spree
Spree

Post by 87spree70superbee »

Where did all this loan crap come from???
Black 85 Spree-SOLD

Red 87 Spree... Ended up buying the same one mentioned below.

I started riding my uncle's 87 Spree at the drag strip when I was 8...

It's easier to stop caring three years ago than it is to fix it in present time.
met44
Noob
Noob

Post by met44 »

Wheelman111,love it mate,have'nt laughed that much in ages.
Waving does have it's moment's mind,irregardless of what your riding.
Like riding down to mum's for xmas ┬®late 80's on your 100,caning it down the motorway for 70miles,turning off onto a beautiful country rode,other rider going other way probably same reason,he waves you wave,you tend not to forget moments like that makes you feel part of something.
fatboy
Noob
Noob

Post by fatboy »

Anyone on two wheels should get a wave.shouldn't matter what you're riding, two wheels is where it's at , too much hate in your heart brother let it go you'll be happier and live longer
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Apparently a sense of Humor is lacking. The whole post is intended in fun. Opinions in this Forum do not necessarily represent the position of the Poster.

I plan to live forever. So far, so good. What time is it?
Wheelman-111
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

I try to wave at all two wheelers, as far as i'm concern the BMW, harley, honda are all brothers. i also wave to cars that move out of the way in grid lock traffic when i'm splitting lanes... i think to myself, d*** that guy must ride two wheels.
"Like I tell people all the time Speed cost money ..if you have to ask how much then most times your not going to do it !" -tru72

--\\\Projects\\--
95 Elite Restore Project for Wife
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150