update on the scoots.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

update on the scoots.

Post by MySpree »

well, the elite is cool, runs awsome. it hits about 45 easy. i sent out the $ for my 9:1 gears so i cant wait for those to come. when they to im hopeing to get it to go a confertible 50. also, were can a get a different speedo. digital or anolog that goes up alot more and is a bolt on ( if needed ill re wire ). the elite has slotted brakes and a nice and shiney kickstart cover. i need to redo the back half, mopedmans grinder wasnt fast enough... i think... it has new spark pluch ( dimon cut race one ) jsut cus it was shiney. it has a inline fuel filter. ( clear cus i like the clear look. looks high preformanceish) new clear fuel lines with a metal mesh stuff over em. ( looks racey ) and im planning on getting the polini corsa kit soon ( after i get new cluch springs) but, what would be a better cluch? i want a crome cluch bell. were can i get one. adn i want a better cluch. vented ball would be great. and do any of you all have any old useable elite ( sa50 ) hp parts to sell? here are pics of the elite.

ok soo. now i know you havent seen the aero or heard about the aero in a while. and its a sad story about what happend to it. after compleateing the elite headset installation on the aero i was putting on the brakes when i relised i only have a back brake set ( lever and lever thingy ) and only the bottom half. eager to get it to run i just sip tied it on. then when i tryed to start te engine it was a no go. the engine tunrd started then backfired of. for the next week i could not get it to run.so i parked it haveing my elite and left it covered in tools oil and wood. then i got it to run. nice and awsomely. so i was happy with that. then i parked it. and took out the engine thinking i was gonna polish it. never got around to it. EVER. soo. it was there in its shame the once nice panals are now cracked and zip tied on. but things looked up when i got the dio moter from moped man today. i was able to mount it on perfectly with a different engine mount bolt and crank it over. ( i had no intake or reed valves so ya know. wouldent start. here are pics of the aero with the DIO engine in it. so this brings my dio count to 2! man i feel sorry for the people that dont even have one!

ok adn here is my new spree. this is how i got it from sam, all i did was assemble it and clean it.

look at my grill!

bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

yhe best clutch is the stock one. seriously. getting a new clutch wont really make a difference, and will just waste your money. get the corsa first. and dont get a chrome clutch bell. for csome reason the PG chrome clutchbell eats away at the pads of the clutch.
diosoljah
Spree
Spree

Post by diosoljah »

nice bikes, and yeah better get a move on the corsa, there getting scarce by the day, you know here today gone forever. as for me, im starting to get that moped sickness again. oh and bitter sorry to hear that you might have to get rid of some of your bikes, man oh man especially that zx
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:yhe best clutch is the stock one. seriously. getting a new clutch wont really make a difference, and will just waste your money. get the corsa first. and dont get a chrome clutch bell. for csome reason the PG chrome clutchbell eats away at the pads of the clutch.
i don't think that the stock clutch is always the best or route. If so then you would be faster than me wouldn't you.just proving a point that it's not always the best route to go with the stock clutch.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

I love it when locals go at it, its da kine!
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

maddog wrote:I love it when locals go at it, its da kine!
and whenever you're ready i have an 85cc ready to power on with your so called fast stroker.
diosoljah
Spree
Spree

Post by diosoljah »

that reminds me... I have a friend that is running a corsa 72 and tweaked out on the tunning lol took him nearly two days non stop trial and error with springs, center springs, weights, jettings and man when we rode together he kept up with me (stroker spree) and kept spankin my mids and lows....its all about the tunning
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

yeah i really like sams panels that u got there. and the side cover that my dad buffed..
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:
bitteraspects wrote:yhe best clutch is the stock one. seriously. getting a new clutch wont really make a difference, and will just waste your money. get the corsa first. and dont get a chrome clutch bell. for csome reason the PG chrome clutchbell eats away at the pads of the clutch.
i don't think that the stock clutch is always the best or route. If so then you would be faster than me wouldn't you.just proving a point that it's not always the best route to go with the stock clutch.
seeing as your clutch doesnt make you faster (with the exception of dropping a tiny amount of weight from your trans), it would have no effect on being "faster then you". if you have a stock bike with a delta or fly clutch, and i have a 125 with a stock clutch.... is your bike still gonna be faster???
YOUR CLUTCH IS NOT A MAJOR DETERMINING FACTOR IN YOUR SPEED.
a stock clutch is by far, the better, more reliable way to go. its not untill you get more into fine tuning that you need to worry about a clutch and rotor, adjustable cdi, ect...
but as the origional poster doesnt even have a cylender on hisbike yet, it occurs to me that a fancy, expencive, piece of s*** 2 shoe clutch, is the last of his worrys. you might want to get the preformance parts on first, before you think about tuning.

(such hostility unko j... cant we all just get along. :lol:)
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

hey are ug toing to sell me the panels?
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

diosoljah wrote:that reminds me... I have a friend that is running a corsa 72 and tweaked out on the tunning lol took him nearly two days non stop trial and error with springs, center springs, weights, jettings and man when we rode together he kept up with me (stroker spree) and kept spankin my mids and lows....its all about the tunning
tobas 72 E is a strokah killah that took even stonerjap down. Sulfurs 72 is also a strokah killah.it's beating 85strokahs aero on the top end.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i have 2 dios now yey
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

wow what a random post.. anyways so a clutch wont do anything for you?
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

chucs if you don't think that a clutch is a determining factor in speed Then you do have a problem with getting everything you can out of your bike. You have a 114 bike with a rare motor that was built by shane miyaki. i have a 111. You use your clutch and i used mines. according to your stock clutch idea you are suppose to smoke me espaecially with a shane miyaki built bottom half in which i know from a reliable source that shane even balanced the cranks he installed.On this note you can't say that stock clutch is the best. besides 114 to 111 is more of a plausable analogy besides your stock to 125cc analogy.Don't get ridiculous with your comparisons.if you wanna get along you can't put out a this way or no way remark.
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

but as you know as well as everyone else, i dont tune for speed, no s*** your bike is faster themn mine. also i dont have a stroker pipe on my bike. the clutch has nothing to do with your bike being faster.