IL scooter laws...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

87spree70superbee
Spree
Spree

IL scooter laws...

Post by 87spree70superbee »

Okay, I need to pick someone's brain for a few minutes. I know in Georgia, you can ride (I think) a 50cc scooter or less? with tags, on your learner's permit at 15. I've tried looking this up online, but as usual, the DMV is a pain in the *. Does anyone know if this would be legal in IL? It would be awesome if I could ride my Spree to work instead of walking in the summer. Plus, I'm not going to get my license soon, so any loophole would be awesome.

Thanks for your time.
Nick
Black 85 Spree-SOLD

Red 87 Spree... Ended up buying the same one mentioned below.

I started riding my uncle's 87 Spree at the drag strip when I was 8...

It's easier to stop caring three years ago than it is to fix it in present time.
ZMUD
Spree
Spree

Re: IL scooter laws...

Post by ZMUD »

Well seeing that IL is the most corrupt state in America....UM NO! Don't even think of riding that scoot without a plate,insurance,"M" or "L" class license unless you want a ticket for everything and a $500 impound fee+tow and look like a complete criminal for trying to have fun and save money on fuel and then it cost you more than the scoots worth in fines then they sell it at auction for peanuts!....Trust me I have lived in this stupid state for 33 years and have cop friends that will do this all day to people because the IL people we elect to run this state need money to run there agenda!...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!
94 elite 50s
----
66cc bbk
118jet/Pre-Mix32:1
1"uni-filter,Keli 9g
1k center,8.44 gears,ZX Trans
V8 Pipe,IRC MB38 80/90 tires
H4 H.I.D

94 elite 50sr
-----
50mm BBK,105jet
1" Uni-Filter,8:44gears
87spree70superbee
Spree
Spree

Re: IL scooter laws...

Post by 87spree70superbee »

ZMUD wrote:Well seeing that IL is the most corrupt state in America....UM NO! Don't even think of riding that scoot without a plate,insurance,"M" or "L" class license unless you want a ticket for everything and a $500 impound fee+tow and look like a complete criminal for trying to have fun and save money on fuel and then it cost you more than the scoots worth in fines then they sell it at auction for peanuts!....Trust me I have lived in this stupid state for 33 years and have cop friends that will do this all day to people because the IL people we elect to run this state need money to run there agenda!...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!
Thanks... I kinda doubted it anyway. Oh well.
Black 85 Spree-SOLD

Red 87 Spree... Ended up buying the same one mentioned below.

I started riding my uncle's 87 Spree at the drag strip when I was 8...

It's easier to stop caring three years ago than it is to fix it in present time.