To spree or not to spree ;-)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

patthesoundguy

To spree or not to spree ;-)

Post by patthesoundguy »

I was at a house of a dude I know who happens to have a spree the same as mine, same year, same col our, beautiful shape only about 1200km on it. He tells me he wants to sell it to make some space in his shed. I wanted it last summer, but here is the clincher... No bloody papers for it :-( and he wants $600 for it. Man I kinda want it but I don't know if I want the hassle of doing the no papers dance again that I did with my express. What do you guys think. I do have until spring to decide. He had an elite 125 that I wanted but the * diddn't tell me he wanted to sell it and he just sold it :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Wheelman-111

Re: To spree or not to spree ;-)

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

"Spare bike" comes to mind. A nice Spree might be worth $600 in May, but IMHO not in December. Offer what you can afford. If he needs space for his snowblower, he might bite.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
motormike

Post by motormike »

Spree has some appeal, and I've owned several, but because of the "wimpyness" of them I'm no longer willing to allow one in my garage except for parting or resale. Certainly $600 for a Spree without papers I consider outrageous.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

Offer him $300.00 & a bottle of Myers Rum then go to DMV and get another plate for your spree and stick it on the new one .
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

66SIX wrote:Offer him $300.00 & a bottle of Myers Rum then go to DMV and get another plate for your spree and stick it on the new one .
+1 those Mounties aren't smart enough too know the difference ;)
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
87spree70superbee
Spree
Spree

Post by 87spree70superbee »

I wouldn't give him more than $300 without papers... Jut tell him it honestly isn't worth what he's asking. Offer what you think and see what he says, the worst he can ay is no.
Black 85 Spree-SOLD

Red 87 Spree... Ended up buying the same one mentioned below.

I started riding my uncle's 87 Spree at the drag strip when I was 8...

It's easier to stop caring three years ago than it is to fix it in present time.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

abreen89 wrote:
66SIX wrote:Offer him $300.00 & a bottle of Myers Rum then go to DMV and get another plate for your spree and stick it on the new one .
+1 those Mounties aren't smart enough too know the difference ;)
Lol, I thought something like that might work. Unfortunately here in Nova Scotia the regulations make those kinds of things tough. You can't register a vehicle without insurance and you can't get insurance without papers and if they do a roadside check now they usually make sure the insurance card Vin matches the actual vehicle Vin. So taking a plate from another bike won't work. Any scooter here in NS that has a valid mvi papers and runs right is worth near $1000. I was willing to pay 400$ last summer and that was when I thought it had papers, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to part with it. He paid 600$ for that's why he wants that for it. Yesterday when I leaving I said to him let now what you want for it, kind of hoping he would be low on price.I agree with you guys $300 is what its worth. I paid $250 for the spree I have with papers :-) You never know he has all winter to think about it he may change his mind. And I'm thinking about buying a brand new Honda in the spring anyway so I don't really need another spree, but if I had a place to put it my lady friend might want it. And I love my spree so having one might be cool anyway.
This is what I'm toying with grabbing in the spring
http://motorcycle.honda.ca/scooter/pcx150

84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
87spree70superbee
Spree
Spree

Post by 87spree70superbee »

Ever have any luck with this?
Black 85 Spree-SOLD

Red 87 Spree... Ended up buying the same one mentioned below.

I started riding my uncle's 87 Spree at the drag strip when I was 8...

It's easier to stop caring three years ago than it is to fix it in present time.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

He called me a few weeks ago and now he wants $400 but still no papers for it. A girl I know wants a small scooter for around the city here so I may grab the VIN and have them look it up and see what they come up with. I have my 85 aero 80 which i got near new condition for $500 with papers, now so I don't have the space for another scooter at the moment. Doesn't mean I don't want to have another spree though ;-)

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
donut
Elite
Elite

Post by donut »

hmm a pickle...
How about you pay $400 If HE does the work and gets the title, and leave $300 if not...
Chances are he will Maybe start the process and then just take the $300...

GL!
'86 Aero 50 (NB50)

'01 Yamaha Jog Nextzone