tell me the tale of the honda express

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

mmeadows
Elite
Elite

tell me the tale of the honda express

Post by mmeadows »

what can you "honda express" people tell me about the honda express?

what years was it in production? there all two strokes right? any hard to find parts? how hard are they to bring back from the dead?
how much does one expect to pay for an ugly running one.
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
patthesoundguy

Re: tell me the tale of the honda express

Post by patthesoundguy »

Here is the wiki link http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Express They can have broken starter springs which are realllllly rare to find ever, but you can convert them to kick start really easy with a bunch of washers and having the kicker lever cut and re welded the other way around . also the air boxes are rare along with carbs and really pricey to get. Most other parts are pretty easy to get on eBay. The headlights can be burned out as well from somone trying to run it with out a battery. The battery acts as the voltage regulator and must be there and charged up for the bulbs not to blow up. Sometimes the headlights that take the 70cent replacement bulbs can be found on ebay for about the same price as the sealed beam I have one of those and got bulbs for 70cents each from bulbs.com . I just got a set of front and rear wheels with almost new tires for my express on eBay for $100 shipping incl. I got a whole motor for mine last year for about 150$ shipped :-) there are quite a few big bore kits and intakes for the express as they share the same cylinder and the PA50 hobbit moped. There is also a wicked tuned pipe now for the express, I got one from the first batch from MLM. It rocks. I have a 47mm big bore kit, custom intake, 19mm dellorto carb, boyesen 2stage reeds and tuned pipe it pulled hard as * from 15mph right up to almost 45mph. treatland.TV has just about anything you might need go fast wise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Some of the performance pipes will not fit with the stock center stand.

All are two stroke. Express, express ll, urban express, urban express deluxe, express SR, and Iowa models. Belt drive, chain drive, two speed, cvt, 6 volt, 12 volt, points, pointless ignition, and many other changes.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

okay well im going to buy 4 of them today. i hope i know what i'm getting into... i better put the ported engine on my desk back together or my roommates are going to kill me taking up that much space :(
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

so what turned out to be 4 expresses ended up being 2 na50's 1 nc50, and something called a "colombia open road"

these things are unique and you can tell they have been sitting a while (moss). On one of the xpresses, i pulled the brake lever and the motor turned over?!?! not sure what you would call that. spring/brake start?

thanks pat for the advice,there are alot of parts on treatland for these !!!! complete bbk for $80, performance exhausts for $100ish
i cant find online manuals for these anywhere.

anyone know where i can find engine codes to see what they are? did they have different engines? considering 2 speed vs cvt i imagine some of these have more speed potential than others

one of the nc50s says 2 speed on it so im guessing that one is slow.

why are these not considered a scooter and listed on scooter forums really? no oem parts available?
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

The nc50 manual is available online, I have it if you can't find it. The 2speed express is supposed to awesome. I was dumb and missed out on a mint 2speed express with only a few hundred kms on it last year. Moped army site has some hits on express but not many. This is the best place to be for any thing small and Honda 2 stroke IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock