Just found a 1984 Spree with 141 original miles

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

jimpomm
Noob
Noob

Just found a 1984 Spree with 141 original miles

Post by jimpomm »

What a find,and from a little old lady no less. It looks totally mint, stored indoors. I'm going to squirt some oil down the spark plug hole and let sit for a couple days before trying to start. It was last ridden in 1999. Any thing else besides changing gas and cleaning carb before starting? Want to take good care of this one. What is something this mint worth? Anyone interested in it -I have a lead on another low milage one too.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Wow, that is a REAL find....... Seriously. That could e-bay nicely. But i would just keep and enjoy it if it were myne. :D
jimpomm
Noob
Noob

Post by jimpomm »

what do you think it would get on ebay.I'm probably picking up another with less than 200 miles on it next week.If your wondering how I find these , I run a "wanted used moped " ad in the local penneysaver type paper-the local paper that is free and is full of classified ads -that way I find the bikes before they are for sale.
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

Nice work, these sprees are real gems when they are new.
gadgetman
Noob
Noob

87 spree with 210 actual mi

Post by gadgetman »

Hi, I am new to the forum, I just purchased an 87 spree with 210 actual miles on it off of Ebay. I paid $550.00 for it but I wanted it bad and it was close. This bike was being stored in a room inside of there home also. It looks like it was just taken off the show room floor. Was going to use it at the campground along with the 86 we already have but am having second thoughts about it.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Haha. Me and shane sold a used "87" (many years of parts) for $600 and its had almost 9,000 miles at the time. Note: we did do a lot of work to it.
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

spree

Post by KillinSpree »

Hey if you still have any sprees let me no.