Need help identifying my scooter!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

dobbinshabby
Noob
Noob

Need help identifying my scooter!

Post by dobbinshabby »

Alright so heres the deal,

I was given this scooter ^ and I love it. It says Honda TACT 50 I ordered a new carburetor off ebay and it runs great now.

My questions to you guys are:

What parts from what scooters are interchangeable with this? I thought it would be fun to add some aftermarket parts but figure i might have to order them under the "elite" name if they have the same motors

I'm thinking about converting to pre-mix, what is the mixture ratio

and any idea what year it might be?

I can't really find any similar scooters on google. But I feel you guys are the go to guys!

I believe it is from a different country, the speedo is in Kmh and it has a japanese or korean sticker on the front.

Thanks for any information!
Wheelman-111

Re: Need help identifying my scooter!

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Honda-san's International Mix'n'Match led to Nearly identical scooters being sold I consecutive years under model names geared to appeal to each market. Sometimes "leftover" engines of the previous generation were screwed onto scooters sole as "new" in other countries, while the Japanese domestic market alwaays got the first release of their best stuff. How else to explain the 1993 SA50 still having the SE05 block after 6 years in production.

Methinks the Tact bodywork most resembles the Euro Vision and USA AERO models and has the variated AF05 engine. We call this the SE05 to avoid confusing it with the unvariated Spree and SB50 blocks which inexplicably carry the same code. Pptheir kickstarters swing forward, variated engines swing back. Confirm by scraping the crud off your gearcase cover and do let us know.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
alohaTAYLOR
Goped
Goped

Post by alohaTAYLOR »

AKA the standup tact
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

Body panels to me look almost identical to the early sa50(elite s). Rear kick panel, and no front fender.
dobbinshabby
Noob
Noob

Post by dobbinshabby »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Honda-san's International Mix'n'Match led to Nearly identical scooters being sold I consecutive years under model names geared to appeal to each market. Sometimes "leftover" engines of the previous generation were screwed onto scooters sole as "new" in other countries, while the Japanese domestic market alwaays got the first release of their best stuff. How else to explain the 1993 SA50 still having the SE05 block after 6 years in production.

Methinks the Tact bodywork most resembles the Euro Vision and USA AERO models and has the variated AF05 engine. We call this the SE05 to avoid confusing it with the unvariated Spree and SB50 blocks which inexplicably carry the same code. Pptheir kickstarters swing forward, variated engines swing back. Confirm by scraping the crud off your gearcase cover and do let us know.
Hello thank you for the quick and helpful response. I wasn't exactly sure where to look on the gear case but I did find this,

hopefully that will tell you something. I also took a few more pictures

paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

looks like a jap spec se05 but i havent seen that engine number befor
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
alohaTAYLOR
Goped
Goped

Post by alohaTAYLOR »

Those blocks are rare. similar to af16 block if i'm not mistaken.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I had an '87 DJ-1 for a while. It was SE/05 straight-up, except for the long-necked intake manifold and a bespoke two-piece belt cover, a la SA/16, that did NOT fit the 16. It did fit my U.S.-Spec SE/05 block. Not many were made, apparently. GZ code is a new one for me. What country did the scooter originate?

I do like the bodywork - similar but not exactly like the U.S. SA50 models. Cool headset and nicely done rear section. Nice.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
dobbinshabby
Noob
Noob

Post by dobbinshabby »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

I had an '87 DJ-1 for a while. It was SE/05 straight-up, except for the long-necked intake manifold and a bespoke two-piece belt cover, a la SA/16, that did NOT fit the 16. It did fit my U.S.-Spec SE/05 block. Not many were made, apparently. GZ code is a new one for me. What country did the scooter originate?

I do like the bodywork - similar but not exactly like the U.S. SA50 models. Cool headset and nicely done rear section. Nice.
Hello, I appreciate all your helpful responses (although while just a bit above my head in terms of scooter knowledge)

I am not sure where the scooter originated from, it has a sticker of a falcon or something with letters in a different language on the front. A member in this thread said it looks to be from japan possibly

I am most interested in part interchangeability. for example I ordered a carburetor for "elite/tact/spree" and it fit. Was wondering if things like a big bore kit for an elite or spree would work on this thing. Or if something were to fail, since I certainly can't find anything under the "tact" name, if i could just order spree/elite stuff.

or maybe I shouldn't mess with it at all since its such an oddball!
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

pull the jug and take some photos
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
dobbinshabby
Noob
Noob

Post by dobbinshabby »

paulpauly7 wrote:pull the jug and take some photos
I was looking at another members thread with an elite and he showed the motor and they almost look identical.

Is there any simple way to make this scooter be able to hit 50mph relatively easy? such as cruise 40-45?
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

if it has a cvt which im pretty sure it does you should be able to get it to 45 without to much hassels.Big bore kits exhausts gears and intakes to find out what fits you will need to remove the engine and tear it down so others can see the block and jug to help you ge the right parts
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
dobbinshabby
Noob
Noob

Post by dobbinshabby »

paulpauly7 wrote:if it has a cvt which im pretty sure it does you should be able to get it to 45 without to much hassels.Big bore kits exhausts gears and intakes to find out what fits you will need to remove the engine and tear it down so others can see the block and jug to help you ge the right parts
So the "9 to 1" gears wouldn't work on this? Also pulling the entire engine out seems like a pretty big chore, couldn't I just pull the heat shrouds off and take pics of it?

Also I searched Honda Dio 50cc and found a bunch of similar looking scooters,

for example

Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The body work is similar, but that engine code's a stumper. I don't think anyone here has seen it. Part fitment is therefore iffy without detail pics and measurement of bore and stroke dimensions.

Pulling out the engine will become a 30-minute task with a little practice.
Wheelman-111