Should I part it out or fix it?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

skinnye
Noob
Noob

Should I part it out or fix it?

Post by skinnye »

I bought a ETON Beamer yesterday that was a former theft recovery, plastic is in pretty good shape, I need to clean off the spray paint, thankfully they didn't prep it and just sprayed it on. I got it running this morning by just draining the old gas, cleaning the carb, and tightening the spark plug. Pulls really well, odometer says 653 miles but the speedometer isn't currently working, looks to have that low of miles though based on tire wear and overall cleanliness of engine components. It has the 2 stroke minrelli engine, so far I've found that it needs an ignition switch, brake light, battery(started with the one from my aero) kick start lever, and a few odds and ends fixed. I paid $100 for it, so far I have $3.90 in fresh gas in it, I'm debating on parting it out or fixing it and selling it. What would you all do? forks and everything seems straight, I think fixed it'll be worth around 400 to 600, in Kentucky they're are no titles for 50cc and under.
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Should I part it out or fix it?

Post by deuce217 »

Tough call, if it is the horizontal minarelli they have a ton of aftermarket parts to make them go fast. If it has a disc brake up front it could be a cool little ride. I am not familiar with that brand. If you just want the most money from it, fix that thing then sell it for your best price you can pull. Parting it out will not bring as much money, plus it will take forever to sell all the pieces. I buy and sell quite a few scooters each year and it gives me more spending money. I prefer buying ones that don't run, fix em up then sell them as fast as possible.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
skinnye
Noob
Noob

Post by skinnye »

It's the horizontal engine and has a front disc brake. Pulls hard but not as good off the line as my aero, but it also have big freaking tires on it. Think I'll throw some money at it and flip it.
motormike

Post by motormike »

skinnye wrote:It's the horizontal engine and has a front disc brake. Pulls hard but not as good off the line as my aero, but it also have big freaking tires on it. Think I'll throw some money at it and flip it.

The Aero is freaky-fast off the line...just simple truth... :thumbwink:
The E-Ton Beamer is not familiar to me, but horizontal Minarellis are great motors.
I'm sure there are plenty of scooters crappier than the Beamer...I'd flip it for exactly what you're saying...400-600.. :hi:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
skinnye
Noob
Noob

Post by skinnye »

Last year at vintage days, my aero was a hit drag racing in the campground area against guys pit bikes, they couldn't believe the little scooter was beating them up to 30 lol.