Aero Alarm system?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Aero Alarm system?

Post by abreen89 »

Hey guys, I've been riding my Aero to work and school (around 50 miles a day) and was thinking about getting it secured. At work we have a private lot i store it in, but at school the only place i can park it is a parking lot that is near a busy street and is known for not being "the best part of town". Does anyone have any experience with scooter alarms? I don't think i need a remote start or anything, just something that will make a lot of noise when someone is trying to load it into the back of their truck. There is no place for me to cable it up too either in this parking lot (i wish it was that simple). Thanks :peace:
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
patthesoundguy

Re: Aero Alarm system?

Post by patthesoundguy »

I got an alarm for $8 from China that is just what you need. I got a couple for my scooters. I put min in my aero 80 glove box. But you can hide it anywhere. Takes a regular 9 volt battery. http://www.dx.com/p/vibration-activated ... 5MDe81yf6Q
It goes off if you move the scooter. I got it for two reasons, I found I kept trying to unlock my aero with the remote for my van out of habbit. And I have had my scooter moved from someone trying to take it. Good thing I locked the handle bars. I also want to discourage the drunk kids from sitting on it after the bar let's out when I take it to the gig. ;-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

patthesoundguy wrote:I got an alarm for $8 from China that is just what you need. I got a couple for my scooters. I put min in my aero 80 glove box. But you can hide it anywhere. Takes a regular 9 volt battery. http://www.dx.com/p/vibration-activated ... 5MDe81yf6Q
It goes off if you move the scooter. I got it for two reasons, I found I kept trying to unlock my aero with the remote for my van out of habbit. And I have had my scooter moved from someone trying to take it. Good thing I locked the handle bars. I also want to discourage the drunk kids from sitting on it after the bar let's out when I take it to the gig. ;-)
Awesome! thanks man is it a fairly sensitive system?
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Its great if you attach it to somthing solid it is awesome. If you move it to sit on it the alarm goes off. I'm going to Velcro it in my glove box. I have it just sitting in there but it will work better if its stuck to something. It has a key hole in the back for a screw.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock