NTB Stem?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

TikiMan
Spree
Spree

NTB Stem?

Post by TikiMan »

Hey guys,
So my 87se 50 is finally in need of a major suspension upgrade. I know that the live dio zx stem is supposed to fit nicely minus some plastic molding.
Now Ive been looking and all I can find is this NTB stem from japanwebike, anyone run this before or have experience with it?
88 SA 50- Af16e swap
87 Se 50 - 01 Af16E build
bonesv

Re: NTB Stem?

Post by bonesv »

There is a solution: the metropolitan stem is the same as the zx stem except for the lower bearing race, and the section below there which mounts the legs gives alot more clearance under the fender. Pop the lower race off and replace with one for the se50 frame. Then put some ultra-low shocks on it and that should be the fix. You might have to grind a little off the stops where it hits on the frame.
Photo940.jpg
Photo940.jpg (71.28 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
TikiMan
Spree
Spree

Post by TikiMan »

no s***, i never though of a metro stem, thanks for the help sir
88 SA 50- Af16e swap
87 Se 50 - 01 Af16E build
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

You're welcome. The metro stem has the exact same fork width as the zx stem so you can run the dio disc front wheel if you want.
Also, if you want even more clearance under the front fender, order the bushing for the lower race from graphite9 and you won't have to change out the lower race. Or you could use a ruckus stem and use a 3.00 width wheel in front. Ask graphite9 for help. I'm not 100% positive on the se50 frames' steering neck but the info I gave you should be correct, possibly a slight modification may be necessary. I had to mod the sa50/af16 frames' neck to accommodate the metro stem but it's totally different than the se50/af19 frame.
Photo943.jpg
Photo943.jpg (60 KiB) Viewed 3675 times
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861