How is everyone washing or cleaning their scooters?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

How is everyone washing or cleaning their scooters?

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

I didn't see a thread so I'll ask. How is everyone cleaning their rides? What products do you use? What methods do you use? High pressure washing? Steam cleaning? Water hose? Wipe it down? Anything I'm missing? Do you plug the exhaust? What about the air filter? What about the electrical components? What about the carburetor? This is not a how to wash your bike but a thread about everyone's ways of cleaning their bikes. But you have it detailed then your cheating lolz I'll go first. :peace:
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Re: How is everyone washing or cleaning their scooters?

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Ok first off I do not ever shoot it down with water. I have a motorcycle and I have never done it to that also. I wipe all my scooters or motorcycle after every single time I ride it. I don't use the high pressure washer cause it can rip paint off the plastics.

I use this product that I got from a local Toyota dealership and it gets rid of all grime and road tar off the under side of the machines. Spray it on and leave for 5 mins and it wipes off. It costs about $18 a can. This is great on cleaning wheels and tires too.

Then after I get all the hard stuff off. I use this product. Spray on leave for 2-5 mins and wipe off. Then come back and buff with micro fiber cloth. You can get this on eBay $12 not bad for clean and wax in a bottle and it smells really good too! This is awesome cause it's clean and wax in a can.... So convenient!

Then for all my aluminum polishing I use this Mothers mag polisher, this is the best product for polishing. Might need a fine sanding before polishing. Your local Autozone should have it. $12 or so.
I use a microfiber cloth for everything cause you will scratch your plastics. I get into all the spaces of engine and wheels and mostly the under side of the bike. My wife thinks I'm crazy but it's an addiction I have, I love to see people break their necks looking at my scooters lolz Thanks for reading and have a great day!!
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Dio Live headset
GuavaJam
Spree
Spree

Post by GuavaJam »

Brah I let da ua wash em den I rub em wit ma hands
EastCoastCB
Spree
Spree

Post by EastCoastCB »

The rain washes both myself and the scooter.
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Post by Johnniespeed »

Johnniespeed uses Speedwax ( you should have seen that one coming ) made by Lucas and a microfiber towel. I think the Speedwax used to be called Slickmist.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Might contribute to why my motor blew, but I went to the pressure washer place and just kept it running to keep it from flooding and blasted it clean.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I just roll mine into the dishwasher and select the "Pot-Scrubber" cycle. Don't tell Ms. Wheel-person.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Ahh yeah this is going somewhere, I knew guys just don't just ride your scooters and don't clean them. It's always nice to show off a clean machine. Lolz
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Dio Live headset
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

A bit of silicon spray never goes amiss... Definitely keeps the sidewalls of the tyres nice and new looking ;)
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

When you say silicon spray.....is that like paint? do you have any pictures of the product sir? Sounds interesting I don't like scrubbing my whites walls all the time if I don't need too.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Dio Live headset
Cajun Kevin
Noob
Noob

Post by Cajun Kevin »

Owning a detail shop offers me many products to clean my new to me Elite 80.

I maintain it using the rinse-less wash method.
Simply spray everything down and wipe clean.

Since I bought it I did the following.

Clay barred all plastics.
Machine polished all plastics using Meguiar's 205 with an orange Lake Country pad, 1800RPM's
Coated all plastics using Pinnacle Glass Coating, no other protection will be needed for two years.
Coated seat using Pinnacle Leather , Vinyl coating.
Painted wheels black.

Since the coatings a simple detail spray gets her nice and clean quickly.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (209.38 KiB) Viewed 7744 times
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I use that fw1 stuff on my scoots, it makes my red plastics on my aero 80 look showroom new in no time. I also use two stoke oil on the black plastic to make it look new in seconds.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

When I build a Bike I usually strip everything down panels and harness etc.. Clean everything and if it has ALOT of rust ill sand most of it down not all, and Ill spray Por-15 on it. I dont remember if they have different colors but I used Black. IT clings onto the surface rust,Rust VERY tightly and creates a tight mask like coat, its super hard to get off even with electrical sander and all. It also acts like a primer so ill spray paint the frame black. Sometimes I dont even spray paint it because the Black from the Por-15 looks Like a Gloss Black with clear on it already lol. You literally can use a paper towel and any dust comes right off. FYI: I honestly usually dont tell people down here about the Por-15 because ive noticed im one of the few to actually take the time to do this to a frame lol

When I Build the Motor for that bike I usually always split the block just to change bearings and seals,do some porting and w/e. IF i dont sandblast it ill use a big black tub you can get from fish stores, the ones they usually use for feeder fish,Kois, and certain lily pads. Then Ill use certain brushes that dont scratch the block and go to town.

For my Panels, I usually always have a set of nice panels for my bike so cleaning them isnt really to hard because I usually Buff/Wax them.
IF im using my Beater Bike/Panels ill usually have my friend match the paint codes that honda uses and just do certain parts. Then all the wetsanding,buffing,and waxing.

If im using my beater bike alot and it gets alot of grease on the motor ill usually use engine degreaser but make sure I cover my clutch and clutchbell if im using a half cover.
For my nice sets of panels ill actually use PAint Sealers.. You know the one Dealerships charge Thousands and thousands for and mayb about a little less then a grand at detailing shops. Im only able to do this because I used to work for Two Bears Auto Detailing and we got REALLY good deals on Boxes of it at the time. Unko(Owner) used to let me take a few bottles to. But he recently passed (Rest in peace unko) so I dont have a connect for it for cheap anymore lol..
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Ahh yeah that's what's up! We all gotta know how to shine our bikes somehow!
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Dio Live headset
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Step 1# windex
Step 2# cleaner wax
Step 3# quick detailer
Step 4# nev'r dull for my polished case Cover
Step 5# back to black on the plastics

Works ok for me.