"restoring" an 87 Honda scooter *pics*

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

hemlockz
Goped
Goped

"restoring" an 87 Honda scooter *pics*

Post by hemlockz »

Yeah this bike was unrideable because it was so rusted. I thought it would be rewarding to clean it up a bit. After taking the pieces off and cleaning them up it started to turn into a huge project. I ended up tearing it down all the way, except for opening the crank case, but everything else was opened, cleaned, and put back together. Here's a picture of the gearbox. I had to replace the final shaft because I broke the original one trying to hammer the back wheel off. (there was a lot of rust)
Here is a picture of the bike frame and engine with the suspension and tires on now. The frame and rims are sanded and painted metallic gold with enamel clearcoat. We are currently sanding down the body panels to get them ready for a custom paint job. We're painting the grey pieces black and the red panels will have a white background. Thinking about green for the top layer but not sure... and not sure what the top layer will be.
Looks pretty chopped in the picture. I think its cool. especailly if you could raise up the handlebars a little and make a seat on the back, maybe some foot pegs coming out off the fork. :) that would be cool.