sa50 heated grips ?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: sa50 heated grips ?

Post by noiseguy »

Mousewheels had an article about these things. His concern IIRC was around charge / discharge rate of SLA vs. flooded cells. Worth a read.

On the heated grips, suggest considering a separate cell to manage power to them, or just don't run them 100% of time (5 minutes on / 10 minutes off) if that makes sense.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
wwolvert
Spree
Spree

Post by wwolvert »

What about lithium battery's ?
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ooooooohh ya I like the second battery idea. They make really small battery's in 12 volt and even some power drills come w 12 volt Batts and chargers. Maybe hook em up to a drill battery that you can swap and charge easy. No drain on the system, just limited heating time.
wwolvert
Spree
Spree

Post by wwolvert »

So IÔÇÖm back to this the kimpex elements turned out to be and junk and the solder joints broke after about five minutes of riding.

But today I installed some heat demon elements and they work great I rode around for about 20 minutes with no problem so we will see if the stator can keep up.
reynoldston
Goped
Goped

Post by reynoldston »

I have the grip heaters on my ATV's seeing I run them year around. Grip heaters do help, but on real cold days -0 but I find by wearing mittens instead gloves helps also. Other times like on cool wet days in the warmer seasons when your not wearing gloves you will just love the warm grips. It will well be worth your time installing them. In my older years I only ride my 2 wheel bikes on hot dry summer days so I don't need grip heaters on them.