Starter Motor Identification

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

pprice
BMX
BMX

Starter Motor Identification

Post by pprice »

This post doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, so I decided to put it in here. Let me know if there is a better place.

When I bought my spree, it came with a starter motor that wasn't installed. I didn't think much of it since the guy said he tested the starter motor and it worked. When I got it home and tried putting the starter in, it was the wrong one. Kinda a crappy thing for the guy to do since looking back on what he said he seemed to know that it wasn't the right one. The starter pinion was seized which I think is what fried the original starter motor. I ordered a new starter motor that actually fits and freed the pinion, but am now wondering if anyone here can help identify what this starter came from. I think that it came from a similar scooter as is pretty simialr and is close to fitting.

There are a few pictures of the starter motor at the link with a penny for scale. There are no markings whatsoever on the motor, inside or out. Not sure if there is any hope of figuring out what it is without markings, but thought I would at least check.

http://imgur.com/a/O0Yib