New products on the horizon

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

ped
CB900F
CB900F

Re: New products on the horizon

Post by ped »

how good is that polini EVO Mr.G?

ps. you scoot looks bada$$ :thumbwink:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

polini cant make those not enough dio market. piaggio and jog is big market.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Not to instigate, but I continuously see your comments about "Italian high-quality manufacturing" and "crappy Taiwanese & phillipine parts", but in MOST situations I've noticed horrible building practices by Italian companies in general, i.e. alfa romeo, ferrari, most Italian hydraulic components, etc. all have a reputation for POOR reliability and build quality by people who actually work on them. I work on cars, and I can tell you ferraris (and most other European brands) are HORRIBLY designed. For instance, testarossas have special head gaskets made of cork that need to be replaced about once a year, whether you drive it or not. In hydraulics, you can now buy solinoid and valves made in Italy cheaply, but they arnt rebuild able like the old us made versions and there s.e. Asian copies. China has a huge reputation for low quality, but the rest of Asia does not. I guess scooter parts must be a weird backwards parallel universe where the Italians have a leg up on the part of the world where most of our style of scooters are actually built.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Tell me again how high quality they are while still counting on 2 hands how many people on this site alone who have had problems w the corsa exhaust port breaking off. I think terms like "high quality" are very relative.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I have to back both sides.

I have seen high end tawain motocycke parts and high end itilian parts. The corsa issues is from improper gaskets and or weight applied on the bore. Most okos suck because they are clones or factory trash that workers resale. Ever wonder why you see someone on ebay selling a name brand part in that contry its made in for 1/5 the price? Let me tell you why, its factory defects i used to do that with sharpies. It was legit markers, just missmolded or missing a lable. Most of the time the ink was off or its weight was funy or misshaped.

Now I belive that this shouldnt even be a debate, there is what you call an highend, lowend, mid, and value market for parts. G9 is s3lling high end. He has a right to call it that, because for 90%+ of people those bores push like a *.

Now someone selling an oko can call it a high end tawian carb.

Its all about the market. Now I do agree we should NOT go mashing another <culture, race, contry >

Just my .2, you guys are all chill guys we just dont need this debate.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

[quote="graphite9"]thanks ped. Not sure yet. I think this is going to be the best. i told polini I wanted them to design it to be the best for corsa[/quote

Great I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I hope it's a one-piece unit.
I always wanted to order a scorpion but after seeing the welds I figured how long will that plpe last? I hate to spend good money on something that won't last. :confused:
That EVO pipel looks really good. I hope the performance and the numbers come back positive. We need something that can blow away all the competition that's out there at a affordable price. I'm keeping an eye on this pipe and saving my lunch money. Lol. :lol:
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

This is why I like the JDM stuff.

Kudos for putting forth the effort though.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I can't really argue w your numbers as I don't see anywhere near as many scooter parts as you. Being a reseller has its advantages, like seeing what comes back over time. But you still preach Italian quality universally, and do it by mentioning ferrari, lamborghini, maserati, and lanci. Anybody who has worked on any of these cars knows how horribly put together and designed they truly are. Lamborghini is a tractor company, for gosh sakes. I'm not sure if there are car companies in taiwan, but it seems like EVERYBODY has some parts made in taiwan, probably because of cheap reliability I'm guessing. I don't see auto parts made in Italy showing up on my bench. I don't see Italian electronics manufacturing or tech. I don't see reliable machining Or metal work on any Italian cars, especially the cast aluminum ones. Like I said, high quality is relative. I'm not saying the parts you sell are lower quality or anything like that, but to repeatidly bash an entire countries reputation while touting another's is just plain poor business IMO. It borders on racism.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Maybe I'm taking this too close to heart, but I just can't agree that Italian stuff is way better. Btw, you have to warm up a Ferrari for 20 mins before the tranny will shift into first or reverse, no syncros. Even vw bugs had syncros by the mid sixties!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I've seen an aprilia "race bike" scatter it's exposed multi-player clutch all over the crosswalk of a city intersection as my buddy was pulling away. I was laughing my * off and repeating "20k for this pos?!?!" While we loaded it onto my truck. He was a stuck up brat tho.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I think you drop it. At least that's how I did it haha. The rotor I mean.

And I think this is the general discussion thread...

I'm not trying to * you off, just giving my $.02 on what your saying.

Oh, and btw, the malossi vario boss you sent never did fit. I had to use the factory one.
Last edited by benji on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

And the Italian builds you post always look really cool, and I'll give malossi and polini props on there race bikes n motors, they do a great job of offering a full line of parts where taiwan companies seem to specialize in one or two things.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

I hope the EVO meets the JDM specs. :coolcruise:
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

2 of those broken Corsas are mine and not entirely sure it wasn't user error.i know for a fact one was my fault. That said even though my current Corsa is running a broken/rewelded exhaust it still screams I have been running the * out of it to try and destroy it to force myself to buy a new one and even after running it hard for long distances well over 400 degrees it just keeps running. Would I buy a polini over a Taiwan bore again yes in a heartbeat and it wouldn't even be a debate. Do I have tremendous amount of experience with non Italian bores no but that's just my opinion.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I really want a corsa now, would it be stupid to run a ct on a corsa??
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship: