Stereo on scooters

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

Stereo on scooters

Post by NB50clonePGO6GOD »

What about stereos from eBay, I need sound that's mandatory and $-$$ won't stop me 2 4-6 inch speakers. Boom boom vroom. :peace:

When I drive I feel the road and the motion but I like to zone out passers and let everyone feel the vibe when I ride.
People playing with my clone I let it slide with em, still tipping on 3.0's belt ramping the CVT ON PGOS!

Too quick, TURN UP!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: moped alarm

Post by benji »

There is a kit that I have available that has 2 small speakers that are handlebar mount and a small amp that gets signal from your phone or ipod

Like this but only 2 speakers
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Or do this like I did
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

benji wrote:Or do this like I did
The second one I like more, I don't have bar space for crap what amp did you order or use. If applicable for more pat out the sound one 6x9 is enough I saw you use a cup holder I can drive 40mph with no holder and not tip my cup.

Never know may feel my self so much may have to jump off and hit my TM dance on em in the parking lot lol

My "QUAN DANCE" better yet my Phil dance, never too old to dance anyone can in a car but on a scoots a whole different ball game.

Live today crash at the death bed day.
People playing with my clone I let it slide with em, still tipping on 3.0's belt ramping the CVT ON PGOS!

Too quick, TURN UP!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

One 6x9 would give better bass, but not stereo sound. There is a 6x9 that can accept left and right audio, but I digress. Any small amplifier will work, depending on the wattage requirement of the speaker(s) your using. On this one I used a vintage 25x2 Rockford fosgate amplifier from the late 80s, but it stopped working. There are very small amplifiers available that can fit just about anywhere, the big deal is amperage requirements. Too big an ampplifier and it'll burn out your voltage regulator, or stator, or battery, or all 3(in theory). These scoots have about 1 amp charging capacity. Any amplifier or electrical accessory shouldn't take any more amperage than your battery's rating, or it'll put more of a load on your charging system. I upped my battery size specifically for this reason. A 12ah battery can run a 5 amp stereo for a short amount of time (about half an hour while scooters running). An amplifier w a 10 amp fuse on the side will only take about 5-7 amps usually, unless you crank it like crazy loud n get hyphy w it. These scenarios all involve only an amplifier and speakers by the way, no radio or cd player. Just ipod or phone hook up. You could also use a stereo and speakers, but you won't get the same amount of power and have to find space for it.
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

benji wrote:One 6x9 would give better bass, but not stereo sound. There is a 6x9 that can accept left and right audio, but I digress. Any small amplifier will work, depending on the wattage requirement of the speaker(s) your using. On this one I used a vintage 25x2 Rockford fosgate amplifier from the late 80s, but it stopped working. There are very small amplifiers available that can fit just about anywhere, the big deal is amperage requirements. Too big an ampplifier and it'll burn out your voltage regulator, or stator, or battery, or all 3(in theory). These scoots have about 1 amp charging capacity. Any amplifier or electrical accessory shouldn't take any more amperage than your battery's rating, or it'll put more of a load on your charging system. I upped my battery size specifically for this reason. A 12ah battery can run a 5 amp stereo for a short amount of time (about half an hour while scooters running). An amplifier w a 10 amp fuse on the side will only take about 5-7 amps usually, unless you crank it like crazy loud n get hyphy w it. These scenarios all involve only an amplifier and speakers by the way, no radio or cd player. Just ipod or phone hook up. You could also use a stereo and speakers, but you won't get the same amount of power and have to find space for it.

Sounds easier to run a hmdx speaker and add a 12v cigarette lighter source constant loud play for minimum voltage. And amperage but cannot be doubled found one in south center walking to work that beast blows hard down side is the port was ghetto worked for 7 months then finally snapped. Unless you know where I can get linkable BT portiable speakers.
Last edited by NB50clonePGO6GOD on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Too quick, TURN UP!
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

benji wrote:One 6x9 would give better bass, but not stereo sound. There is a 6x9 that can accept left and right audio, but I digress. Any small amplifier will work, depending on the wattage requirement of the speaker(s) your using. On this one I used a vintage 25x2 Rockford fosgate amplifier from the late 80s, but it stopped working. There are very small amplifiers available that can fit just about anywhere, the big deal is amperage requirements. Too big an ampplifier and it'll burn out your voltage regulator, or stator, or battery, or all 3(in theory). These scoots have about 1 amp charging capacity. Any amplifier or electrical accessory shouldn't take any more amperage than your battery's rating, or it'll put more of a load on your charging system. I upped my battery size specifically for this reason. A 12ah battery can run a 5 amp stereo for a short amount of time (about half an hour while scooters running). An amplifier w a 10 amp fuse on the side will only take about 5-7 amps usually, unless you crank it like crazy loud n get hyphy w it. These scenarios all involve only an amplifier and speakers by the way, no radio or cd player. Just ipod or phone hook up. You could also use a stereo and speakers, but you won't get the same amount of power and have to find space for it.

Sounds easier to run a hmdx speaker and add a 12v cigarette lighter source constant loud play for minimum voltage. And amperage but cannot be doubled found one in south center walking to work that beast blows hard down side is the port was ghetto worked for 7 months then finally snapped. Unless you know where I can get linkable bt speaker....

Wait, here's the speaker here how about this since I am a certified complete computer tech, go to radio shack , buy a project box solder the wires together and attatch the two speakers together an keep the extra as a spare chip set.

Get new numbered drill buts (preformance option tool later) in solder a old junk audio cable in "boom" low volt, and I KNOW THIS SPEAKER KNOCKS your house system if you minus the base to at least 3 notches or +3 is what the is speaker sounds like turn the volume 38, on that is whats what it sounds like. Doesn't scretch at volume.

These can be had broken on eBay for as low as 5 dollars and has 6 exact hours of play time.

At night would show as a blue beam kind of safety feature too.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.81 KiB) Viewed 4233 times

Too quick, TURN UP!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Stereo on scooters

Post by benji »

I used to run a Bluetooth speaker but I couldn't hear it while riding. I had a nice one, a jawbone jambox. I pulled my speedo out of the dash and set it in there, but I still couldn't hear it at all when riding. Even the bigger speakers are hard to hear when your moving. Ever heard a harley blasting it's stereo while it's goin? That's cuz it has to be that loud or its hard for the rider to hear. And be careful adding cig lighters , some 12v plug ins use more than 1 or 2 amps, those plugs usually are rated anywhere from 10 to 30 amps.
NB50clonePGO6GOD
Goped
Goped

Re: Stereo on scooters

benji wrote:I used to run a Bluetooth speaker but I couldn't hear it while riding. I had a nice one, a jawbone jambox. I pulled my speedo out of the dash and set it in there, but I still couldn't hear it at all when riding. Even the bigger speakers are hard to hear when your moving. Ever heard a harley blasting it's stereo while it's goin? That's cuz it has to be that loud or its hard for the rider to hear. And be careful adding cig lighters , some 12v plug ins use more than 1 or 2 amps, those plugs usually are rated anywhere from 10 to 30 amps.

T,T long as I can here it. I'm fine I can here my pop drop speaker at 40mph a tad bit.

How about water proofing a old 80s/90s d battery boom box.

I have ideas but its easier to pull chip sets and water proof them raw install

(NOT COMPLETLY) SURE where in right forum admin contact me if this needs to be moved to OFF TOPIC BOARD.

I will design a stereo 9v batteties are now rechargeable and can be modded to power computer desk speakers.

Anythings possible if I can surpass eBay stuff on Harley's then I'm selling on eBay.

Key isn't building its the portability and reaching a cone at a 40mph it has to have play range.

Too quick, TURN UP!