Taz spree bore review (stock sized bore)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Taz spree bore review (stock sized bore)

Post by MrJumps »

Tazland001 here on the board as many already know sells a clone nq50 stock bore. Well bout a year ago I brought one from him to putt putt around on and let me tell you how many d*** times I soft seized it..

Stock spree carb
85 jet
Freeflow filter
Oilpump that had a airleak
Case had a airleak, exhaust had an airleak.

So this thing is running super duper lean. Like hits the power band and would bring me to almost a 45mph indicated then would seize. Now I dont know how close my speedometer was but it would pull hard from what ive seen other sprees do.

Now onto the review.
I had at least soft seized it 10 times. Literl 2 or 3 times a day.
I had no clue what I was doing, I just wanted to ride and my bike would stall out. So I just figured its from the small motor just old and all that. Well it turns out as I learned more and more about this bike it was running leaner then lean. Pretty much got that lean high end and would soft seize.

I swear it only died from the exhaust bolts backing out and it going mega super lean lean and finally seizing solid and broke a ring. Literly just seized and broke a ring. New rings could get this bore running again. Well I think it would run just maybe not the best.

http://imgur.com/a/ScThu

Look at that how beat up that is for at least 10 soft seizes and only 1 hard seize when it broke the ring. I put almost 500 miles on that bore that lean.

Im not trying to say the bore is bad, but its badass!
Haha, thanks Tazland! You gave me a cheap and strong bore to get started in understanding the importance of proper tuning and airleak awareness.

Honest if this was well taken care of and not abused It would last a long time, a lot longer.

- Jumps
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Taz spree bore review (stock sized bore)

Post by veedubh20 »

throw the motor in trash can. problem solved. add af16 motor. :mrgreen:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

veedubh20 wrote:throw the motor in trash can. problem solved. add af16 motor. :mrgreen:
Thats what I did, do a dio swap. Cant wait to get a pipe in for heat cycles.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Don't throw it away!! It's still worth something to somebody.