Flat Seat

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

ck_ni
BMX
BMX

Flat Seat

Post by ck_ni »

Anyone running a flat / cut down seat on there Aero?
I am thinking about doing something like this, just to make it look lower, longer, a little different.

patthesoundguy

Re: Flat Seat

Post by patthesoundguy »

Wow that would look so very cool on any Scooter I think. It would be real sharp!
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Im currently waiting to get off my lazy * to finish my custom seat just need to cut down my foam. And get it covered. I'm going with a cafe style look. And trust me it was a pain. I started with a stock elite seat and it took awhile to figure out how to make it work and still get it lock. There a lot of strange angle in the plastics on these scoots. Would like to see a seat like that on one though.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Hppowdercoatings
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Hppowdercoatings »

Not exactly Flat but on my spree I cut down the seat foam about 2.5". I think it looks better and still comfortable..

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Nice Hp for me the elite there is a up angle in the back of the plastic seat pan that drives me crazy as I like to ride back in the seat. Messes with my old man hips. So my goal is/was to get rid of that which is easier said than done. I'll post some picks of my progress on Monday when I get to work. Been to lazy to get someone to deal with the foam and make a cover for it. Here is a pic before I got it dialed in to where it will lock. Need to figure out the foam and cover.
The bolts on the wood hold two think pieces of steel I got from Home Depot that cut down and used for support and run back to where the old seat rest in the two round spots on the back by where it locks. Also used foam insulation to fill in the back space that is open under seat pan hump and shaved it around curve. Not sure how well it will hold up but it hold my weight as I bounce up and down on it.

Trying to find a good thin foam or memory foam to keep the thin look. I still have the seat foam to use for sides a back to retain the overall feel on the sides. This setup will hopefully give me about 3 or 4 inches back and some down from the original height.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (75.57 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
ck_ni
BMX
BMX

Post by ck_ni »

On an aero the seat doesn't dip down so much, I thought a flat piece of wood, slight bend, bit of foam and then cover.

Here is a photo of just a flat piece of thin wood sat across the tank.

https://flic.kr/p/Frx2vz
Hppowdercoatings
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Hppowdercoatings »

What about a cafe racer style like this ?

But get a 2-3 Thick memory foam and trim the rear to follow the angle of the rear Fenders..?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (8.59 KiB) Viewed 4646 times