a few questions regarding the Honda Elite SE50

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

SE50_4_ME
Goped
Goped

a few questions regarding the Honda Elite SE50

Post by SE50_4_ME »

Hi guys, I have a SE50 Honda Elite.
I'm in Australia and these are getting hard to find now, and rarely pop up in the classifieds (Craigslist/GumTree)
I managed to pick one up, (non runner) but it needs a few things and i have a couple of questions.
I did manage to get it started and idling great, :D (starts first kick) but try and rev it and it bogs out and dies....
Any suggestions for that??

Also, it needs new tires, the tires that are on it are 2.75-10.
Can I put 3.00-10 on it without any issues???
Also, I NEED a new front panel...and would like to paint/restore all the panels, so would like to replace all the stickers.
Anywhere online where i can order new stickers and parts etc... ???

Any help would be appreciated....
Wheelman-111

Re: a few questions regarding the Honda Elite SE50

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Congrats on the SE, 4! This board is composed primarily of U.S.-based enthusiasts. Sadly the beautiful SE was only available here for the 1987 model year. While quite a few SE owners do post here, expertise may be limited. I'm certain that centerstand issues aside, a 3.00 or even a wider 90/90 fits the AF05 engine block for the rear. My limited recollection of the front fender design on the SE is that there should be a little better clearance, if anything, than on the Aero I had. The 90/90 was no problem on the Aero except for a light kiss to the fender at full compression.

The transition from the carby's Pilot to Main circuit is a common cause of dying out on the throttle. The most common cure is a good carb cleaning. Change your spark plug and air cleaner element while you're at it. I recommend you retain the very good air box on the SE. I think the Forum Owner NoiseGuy has or can make you an element from some special foam he has.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH