Ordering Parts Online?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Ordering Parts Online?

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

I've looked at quite a few different websites online for parts but everything I've found so far charges high amounts for shipping. Like $9 shipping for a $2 spark plug. Any sites out there that have free shipping or cheaper?

Thanks
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
Wheelman-111

Re: Ordering Parts Online?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Try Motorcycle Superstore. With tires and plugs, you might make $50, and shipping becomes free. For plugs try here.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Peteyparado
Spree
Spree

Post by Peteyparado »

Can't you try auto parts store around your town for a spark plug? would be about same price an no shipping charges.
But if your looking for OEM type parts try PARTSZILLA.COM
86 aero af16 swap. 121cc water cool.
Polini 30mm carb
Naraku mani
Scorpion stroker pipe
Stage6 CDI
5gram rollers
Keli high speed Variator
6.1 gears
94mph
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

I tried auto zone and the other parts places here in town but none have in stock and are 2-3 days out for shipped so figured I might as well order online. I tried partszilla but they wanted like $8 shipped for a spark plug. Ill check out Motorcycle Superstore.

Thanks
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Post by Johnniespeed »

For spark plugs, why not go to your local motorcycle shop ? Keep the money in your community.
Some listings on Ebay include free shipping, I try to utilize that as much as possible.
Babbitts online is where I order many Honda parts, I choose the in-store pick up option to avoid all shipping costs. When I go to other Honda dealers, I print the page with part numbers and prices off Babbitts site and ask the other Honda dealer if they would price match, the answer is always yes, again no shipping costs.
For car parts Jegs has been offering free shipping lately, I scored big on buying a truck bed tool box, yup saved over a hundred bucks there.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Partzilla or motocyclesuperstore
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

Johnniespeed wrote:For spark plugs, why not go to your local motorcycle shop ? Keep the money in your community.
Some listings on Ebay include free shipping, I try to utilize that as much as possible.
Babbitts online is where I order many Honda parts, I choose the in-store pick up option to avoid all shipping costs. When I go to other Honda dealers, I print the page with part numbers and prices off Babbitts site and ask the other Honda dealer if they would price match, the answer is always yes, again no shipping costs.
For car parts Jegs has been offering free shipping lately, I scored big on buying a truck bed tool box, yup saved over a hundred bucks there.
All the cycle shops were closed today so figured i'd look into online options for future purchases. Plan to go tomorrow and see whats available. Like the idea about price matching at the Honda dealer, ill have to speak with them tomorrow. Main reason i posted this question was to see if there was any be all end all website i didn't know about.

Thanks for all the suggestions
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
Peteyparado
Spree
Spree

Post by Peteyparado »

Or Amazon they got free shipping
86 aero af16 swap. 121cc water cool.
Polini 30mm carb
Naraku mani
Scorpion stroker pipe
Stage6 CDI
5gram rollers
Keli high speed Variator
6.1 gears
94mph
TinyElvis
Spree
Spree

Post by TinyElvis »

Amazon.com for plugs and oil fo sho!
Honda DIO 3 ZX Live, Malossi, WindJammah!
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

I did the same @ auto zone. Had to wait 2-3 days but I ordered 3 so i wont have to wait when i need another. You end up waiting just as long if not longer ordering online.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

Need a new coil for my 01 honda sa50 and wondering how the stuff on ebay fairs? Like http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-Coil-F ... r#shpCntId Anyone have experience with Aitook? I assume its not OEM, but aside from them listing sa50 in the title not sure how to verify if its legit or not.
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Haven't had a problem with Partzilla. But if you're not buying at least $50 in parts, shipping won't be worth it.

If you need 1 plug, expect to pay more than it's worth. Minimum tracked shipping cost is $2.50, then figure handling. I sell spark plugs with filter as a kits, but not by themselves, for this exact reason.

Most local auto parts places can have spark plugs within 24 hours of asking at retail price (which for NGK BRP6HS is about $3.)
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Just ordered some carburetor parts and a couple of stock intake manifold gaskets tonight from www.megazip.net. Apparently the stuff ships either out of Japan or the US and is all OEM stuff. USD$50 worth of bits and shipping of $16 seems pretty reasonable and the stuff should be here in a couple of weeks.

Wouldnt mind a link to an inexpensive NQ50 carburetor seal kit with reasonable shipping. All the ones i've found so far are cheapish with crazy shipping or the exact opposite. Over US$50 shipping for a few O-rings and a bowl seal is a tad on the ridiculous side!!
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

FunkeyMonkey wrote:Need a new coil for my 01 honda sa50 and wondering how the stuff on ebay fairs? Like http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ignition-Coil-F ... r#shpCntId Anyone have experience with Aitook? I assume its not OEM, but aside from them listing sa50 in the title not sure how to verify if its legit or not.
So I ended up buying that ignition coil and today noticed the cap cracked in half so I'm working on getting it replaced. In the mean time is there an alternative or better coil to buy? Running 72cc kit with ngk 8 spark plug. The angle it sits right under the mud guard and I think I hit a big of it hole and the bounce rubbed the plug and cracked it.
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

think i realized the bigger issue, the plug i ordered was a 45 degree cap, with the malossi cylinder the plug is moved and now the bottom of the seat hits the coil wire, hit a decent sized bump and they knock. Either need to get a longer shock or try and find a 90 degree coil wire.
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake