Just purchased more DJ1s.....

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

bootz1
Goped
Goped

Just purchased more DJ1s.....

Post by bootz1 »

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1087374327

Just picked up these 2! for about 100 dollars US

Neither have a live registration plate (what I think is called a title in the US) but loads of bits and/ or easy to put together and get a new plate and ride it

I might have a Honda scooter problem...
-1990 Honda DJ1-RR- a work in progress....

-1988-ish? Honda DJ1-R

-1980 Yamaha V50
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Re: Just purchased more DJ1s.....

Post by vintagegarage »

re: Honda scooter problem.. Yes, you have contracted a very bad disease. I caught the same disease here and the hospitals and doctors have no cure..
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Congrats on the DJ-1s Bootz! Arguably the most elegant styling job Honda-san has wrought.

In the U.S. and A., Registration is not equivalent to a Title. Registration plates are the most obvious expression of legality to the Gendarmes, but as I learned coming from Canada one must possess a Certificate of Title in order to get registered and a license plate. The Title is like a Deed to a home, VIN-specific and includes an accounting of any loan-holders through the ownership cycles. A Lost Title takes some red tape-cutting and time to replace. We take our vehicles seriously over here.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bootz1
Goped
Goped

Post by bootz1 »

So I got them last night and assembled one today! Heres a couple of pics:

-1990 Honda DJ1-RR- a work in progress....

-1988-ish? Honda DJ1-R

-1980 Yamaha V50
birdman
Spree
Spree

Post by birdman »

looking good!
92 Yamaha Jog CY50
98 Yamaha Zuma
00 Honda Elite 50SR
82 Honda MB5
90 Honda NS50F
14 Yamaha FZ-09
16 Kawasaki Versys 650
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

Nice! I love my SE50 - which is sorta similar.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Congrats on the DJ-1s Bootz! Arguably the most elegant styling job Honda-san has wrought.

In the U.S. and A., Registration is not equivalent to a Title. Registration plates are the most obvious expression of legality to the Gendarmes, but as I learned coming from Canada one must possess a Certificate of Title in order to get registered and a license plate. The Title is like a Deed to a home, VIN-specific and includes an accounting of any loan-holders through the ownership cycles. A Lost Title takes some red tape-cutting and time to replace. We take our vehicles seriously over here.
This we do, until we absolutely positively "cant" find a title, then your left w on option called a "release of interest"form, where you 'find the original owner' and have 'him' sign it. Makes me laugh a little, and cry- my girls dad took an old car she had (after she got her first 'new' car- by new I mean less than ten years old) and wrecked it, then did what was described above after putting insurance on it so he could get paid on it. So he basically stole her car, wrecked it, insured it after the fact, and forged her signature on a gov't document in order to commit insurance fraud. And we have to prove it. Beaurocracy is awesome.