My scooter collection

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Re: My scooter collection

Post by Gearhart »

I have built that pink 89. I have also got into prebug zumas and own a few of those. All the real builders and OG members have left this forum so I don't come on here often anymore.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi GH. That Elite is clean and cool. :thumbwink: Very nice work. :wink:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Gearhart wrote:All the real builders and OG members have left this forum
All thats here are us fake builders now... :hi:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
ansneds
Spree
Spree

Post by ansneds »

I wish some of the older builders were still on here. It's cool to see the variety of scooters.
Currently own:
->1995 Honda Elite 50 (Derestricted)
Have previously owned:
->Multiple 94-01 Elite 50s
->1985 and 1986 Honda Sprees
->1985 Honda Aero 50
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

For the record, I've never been a builder, I'm a collector and enthusiast.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Shouldn't have said "all" that was ignorant. The amount of build threads with useful info and build pictures have almost disappeared. There used to be a lot of dudes on here messing with hyper performance stuff, but not so much anymore. there used to be more build threads like "gooch" from ripcity (Brian) for example, but those have all died. Kinda sad to see as I used to enjoy this forum and take things from it.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Certainly the amount of NEW build threads have diminished and the stroker dudes have all but disappeared except for "ped" and a couple others. There are still plenty of "bolt-on" types (like myself) that play with BBK's and different pipes that use the immense archives this forum has to offer. Having built, restored or flipped around 15-17 scooters now, I still find myself searching old threads and learning new things. A hobby evolved into an addiction with infinite amounts of information yet to be absorbed. Knowledge is power and this site is very powerful.

I would make a build thread or two but Im really not doing anything that hasnt been done before. Just doing proven combos...Corsa, Arrow, 24mm, 9:1 ..etc etc..you get the idea.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

The cool thing about this forum was the guys posting their setups and the performance gains they saw between parts. That helped readers choose and pick what parts to use on their builds. It's sad that has mostly diminished
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

It was great when G9 would post dyno sheets...then he pulled them all.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

I took all my ques from old posts. Had many nights after work where I'd search and search using different key words, read wiki page after page, take notes on my pc, tried to sort out who did what, where did they go right, where did they fail... then consult the engineers here at work, ask them what they thought, collected all the data, ran it by my buds at the shop, try, try again till we figured out what made it all tick and where the bottlenecks were. I'm happy with the results, but I think it makes me happier to see others have great success and an awesome build they put their heart into. The funny part of it all, is the key, (to a Spree anyway), was there all along in the wiki. All you had to do, was follow the upgrade steps in order. But, had to learn and confirm this for myself. Forever grateful to the OG members.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I still look on here as there are still good guys doing work. Unfortunately the GOOCH is at stand stil as IÔÇÖm super busy and when it seems to be fighting against me. I wish had more time and resources to do more. This is still one of best places for info though more guys are on faceplace now.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY