My scooter collection

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: My scooter collection

Post by Meatball »

Gearhart wrote:Image
Im more than a little jealous. I see that's an 87' housing. Got any tips on how this was done? Is the power wired to the bike so it turns on when started? Are you using the stock speedo cable? Got pics of the bracket holding it in place? Is it more accurate than the stock speedo because my speedo gets WAY off(compared to Garmin GPS) when up to about 35-40?

I simply MUST do this to mine immediately!
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

It just keeps getting cooler! Nice work
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

I welded up a bracket on the backside that used the stock holes from the original cluster and connected them to the vapor. The power is ran to the battery and it kicks on when ever the bike either starts to roll or senses spark. The speedo uses a sensor and a magnet (like bike speedometers do) once you get the speedo set correctly, it's dead accurate.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Update: off loaded my black elite to a close friend and went down and picked up Brandon's Purple S. My plan was always to do this with my purple elite but it had no title and I dont think I ever would have got one. This deal popped up and I couldn't refuse. Pretty much trading my two elites for this one. Not a bad deal in my mind since I only have about 700 bucks in both of them combined :rock:
The purple S came with no motor so I robbed my purple elite of its engine. Here is a few pics of it! Image
birdman
Spree
Spree

Post by birdman »

very very nice fleet. All very nice builds, some innovative work with the leds and trailtech in the spree, also that new purple s from brandon is killer!
92 Yamaha Jog CY50
98 Yamaha Zuma
00 Honda Elite 50SR
82 Honda MB5
90 Honda NS50F
14 Yamaha FZ-09
16 Kawasaki Versys 650
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Welp I can't leave anything alone. All three af16's are out.
also picked up yet ANOTHER scooter, I am way too addicted. Hopefully I can offload my 1st gen jog and one of my white spree's this spring, due to running out of room in the garage. Image
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Nice! You have more pictures on here than fb I think ha. I'll be tagging you a lot on the builds.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Very nice!! I love how you did the gauge.

Taz
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Sweet! I look forward to seeing those ports getting opened up. Brandon is why I'm so addicted for sure, nothing like passing cars on the freeway on a 100 pound scooter that's no bigger than a bmx bike.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

The purple S got some led's and a USB charger for the phone
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

NICE! Still waiting for my Flux Capacitor to get here to "one-up" you. Just gotta get to 88mph to activate it.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

It is hard not to steal your great idea's. At least its going on your creation to make it a little bit cooler :rock:
You're gonna have to go to hawaii and get a v8 pipe and a big hill to hit 88 mph
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

U gotta link to which led lights u bought for that mod?
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Well I have once again bought more scooters that I do not need. These were too nice to turn down. Picked them up from an old lady that bought them to go on the back of her motor home, but never even used them. A 1989 pink Elite E and an 1986 Honda Spree. The elite has never even been titled or registered and has 97 miles on the odometer. It doesn't have one scratch on the whole bike, it is basically brand new. The spree is in wonderful shape too and has 575 miles. I have owned 10+ sprees and this is the nicest one by far. I think I will get rid of the spree, because it would never get ridden over my Dio spree's. My sister already called dibs on the elite (she likes to ride with me and my dad). So it will get the af16, disc brake treatment and hopefully a pal headset and tailight. I have always wanted to build a pink elite so here we go :thumbwink:
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Also been wrenching on some other people's scoots. One of my best friends has a kriti blue spree that we recently put a af16 in. It is getting disc brakes and some other goodies soon too. Basically gonna copy one of my spreedio builds except this one will be the rare blue color. I also restored and fixed a 86 aero for a local guy. When I got it, it was in terrible shape. It was so sun faded the blue inners were almost white and it had not run in 15+ years. Some elbow grease, new tires, powdercoat turned it into a pretty nice scoot! Ill be bringing it back to him tonight and hope he likes it.