HELP!!! 1986 Honda Spree special edition price/value

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Re: HELP!!! 1986 Honda Spree special edition price/value

Post by Kustomkarma »

https://services.flhsmv.gov ÔÇ║ mvcheckweb

You can also use this to see if a vehicle is currently in the Florida database.

Edit. Just Google Florida VIN search. :)
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

I saw that Special Edition Spree for sale on craigslist in Florida and that's a nice ride! I would never let that go for not a penny less than a thousand dollars! Sure, craigslist you may not fetch that price, but I have had very good luck selling my Hondas on eBay for that. I sold my Special back in December for $750 and it wasn't as perfect as yours. $500 is a great buy for that Special Edition Spree your buying! And you will never loose money off it, BELIEVE ME! I have around 4-5 Hondas Sprees all in nearly show room condition and if I sell them one day it won't be no less than a thousand dollars each, and I will get that for them. I mean it's kinda getting hard to find nice all original sprees, most out there are all beat up and stuff. Don't believe what others may say on the value, your Spree is way worth it! :thumbsup:
Dante9275
Noob
Noob

Post by Dante9275 »

jerz40 wrote:I saw that Special Edition Spree for sale on craigslist in Florida and that's a nice ride! I would never let that go for not a penny less than a thousand dollars! Sure, craigslist you may not fetch that price, but I have had very good luck selling my Hondas on eBay for that. I sold my Special back in December for $750 and it wasn't as perfect as yours. $500 is a great buy for that Special Edition Spree your buying! And you will never loose money off it, BELIEVE ME! I have around 4-5 Hondas Sprees all in nearly show room condition and if I sell them one day it won't be no less than a thousand dollars each, and I will get that for them. I mean it's kinda getting hard to find nice all original sprees, most out there are all beat up and stuff. Don't believe what others may say on the value, your Spree is way worth it! :thumbsup:

You want it? Interested?
Dante9275
Noob
Noob

Post by Dante9275 »

Dante9275 wrote:
jerz40 wrote:I saw that Special Edition Spree for sale on craigslist in Florida and that's a nice ride! I would never let that go for not a penny less than a thousand dollars! Sure, craigslist you may not fetch that price, but I have had very good luck selling my Hondas on eBay for that. I sold my Special back in December for $750 and it wasn't as perfect as yours. $500 is a great buy for that Special Edition Spree your buying! And you will never loose money off it, BELIEVE ME! I have around 4-5 Hondas Sprees all in nearly show room condition and if I sell them one day it won't be no less than a thousand dollars each, and I will get that for them. I mean it's kinda getting hard to find nice all original sprees, most out there are all beat up and stuff. Don't believe what others may say on the value, your Spree is way worth it! :thumbsup:

I saw you are from MI, the scooter is from Pickney MI and found it way down here. It be cool to get it back where it's from.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Dante9275 wrote:
Dante9275 wrote:

I saw you are from MI, the scooter is from Pickney MI and found it way down here. It be cool to get it back where it's from.
Wow that's cool, it would be even cooler to bring it back here to Michigan like you said! At the moment I'm currently loaded with Sprees, as I have not only my show room ones, but I also have beater ones and others I am refurbishing to resell, lol. Last year I just kept finding them everywhere, and before you know it I ended up with around 30 sprees :lol: But, I don't have a single special spree, and it would be nice to get another as alot of my friends and family miss the special one. What are you asking? :)
Dante9275
Noob
Noob

Post by Dante9275 »

I saw you are from MI, the scooter is from Pickney MI and found it way down here. It be cool to get it back where it's from.[/quote]

Wow that's cool, it would be even cooler to bring it back here to Michigan like you said! At the moment I'm currently loaded with Sprees, as I have not only my show room ones, but I also have beater ones and others I am refurbishing to resell, lol. Last year I just kept finding them everywhere, and before you know it I ended up with around 30 sprees :lol: But, I don't have a single special spree, and it would be nice to get another as alot of my friends and family miss the special one. What are you asking? :)[/quote]

I get shipping it will cost some money. I'm in it for $500. If I get it titled that will cost me another $150. I'd like to make a couple hundred on it.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

This is a no brainer... Michigan may not care about having a Florida title, and jerz40 says it is worth no less than $1,000, so Dante9275 should save the $140 to title it in Florida and sell it to jerz40 for $1,000 including free shipping. Everyone gets what they think is a good deal, and the scooter goes back to Michigan. No charge for my brokering.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

vintagegarage wrote:This is a no brainer... Michigan may not care about having a Florida title, and jerz40 says it is worth no less than $1,000, so Dante9275 should save the $140 to title it in Florida and sell it to jerz40 for $1,000 including free shipping. Everyone gets what they think is a good deal, and the scooter goes back to Michigan. No charge for my brokering.
You are right, here in Michigan we really don't care about titles, just a bill of sale. This is something I will haft to think about.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

It is super easy to register any scooter in Michigan.

a Hand written bill of sale is even ok.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Yup he's right! Very very easy here in Michigan! :woot:
Dante9275
Noob
Noob

Post by Dante9275 »

I don't have to title it. Especially if it goes up there. What do you think shipping it up there will run?
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Dante9275 wrote:I don't have to title it. Especially if it goes up there. What do you think shipping it up there will run?
$150, I have a friend who's been picking up sprees from all over the East Coast for me at a flat rate of $150. So I'm glad to have him, otherwise it would be nearly impossible to get these out of state sprees. What are you going to ask for it?
Dante9275
Noob
Noob

Post by Dante9275 »

jerz40 wrote:
Dante9275 wrote:I don't have to title it. Especially if it goes up there. What do you think shipping it up there will run?
$150, I have a friend who's been picking up sprees from all over the East Coast for me at a flat rate of $150. So I'm glad to have him, otherwise it would be nearly impossible to get these out of state sprees. What are you going to ask for it?

I'm glad you have someone. I've been looking and only found rates from $550-600. Wasn't gonna be worth it for either of us. Make me an offer based on all our chats. I'm picking it up Saturday.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Ok cool I'm gonna think about it and see on the funds right now too. Thanks man!
Dante9275
Noob
Noob

Post by Dante9275 »

jerz40 wrote:Ok cool I'm gonna think about it and see on the funds right now too. Thanks man!

I'm not trying to make a to of money. It 3 hours each way to get it and come back. Time and fuel.