Getting the Tazland BBK, GEARS, + MLM ran on a dyno

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Re: Getting the Tazland BBK, GEARS, + MLM ran on a dyno

Post by R1Titan911 »

eclark5483 wrote:Guess I should ditch the MLM and put a stinger on it, huh?
YEA PUT A STINGER ON IT! AND CHANGE YOUR BIRD FLAMES TO BEES! The ones like on those Dodges haha!

Super Bee

Rumble Bee
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Hey now R1Titan911, don't be discouraging Hawkeye representation.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Check out Mr Jump's new thread eclarke, I believe he is going to try and make a scorp run on his new spree with the BBK you sent him :shock:

Gonna resume the fiddling with my Nifty once I get the new front end gear on my Dio ;)
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Well, hopefully that piston isn't shot to sheet. Shawn says he thinks it should be OK. It has the scoring on it, but he said he's seen worse on bikes that still ran fine. The cylinder should be just fine with a good honing, perhaps if anything, Taz can cut him a deal on a piston. Or maybe he has a totally different one on order. I saw the thread, looks interesting.
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

I agree with your man Shawn. My piston/bore is pretty scabbed up but still runs like a trooper. These things are hard to slaughter.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I have 2 of them BBK's that soft seized a couple times Id let go for cheap. Theyre both really not too bad and still functional. PM if ya want em.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Ultraliner wrote:Check out Mr Jump's new thread eclarke, I believe he is going to try and make a scorp run on his new spree with the BBK you sent him :shock:

Gonna resume the fiddling with my Nifty once I get the new front end gear on my Dio ;)

You are correct, taz actually sent me a kit last week to test a theroy, but yes a 70cc scorp pipe. Mu hahaha
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Meatball wrote:
Off Topic: This is what happens if you don't buy one of those new SSS fork stems...lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFGPbn8mFg0
Oh man... I'm re-torqueing my front axle as soon as possible haha. But I'm guessing he broke something coming down from a wheelie.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

yeah, definitely a broken stem since the forks and all were still attached to the wheel. Looks like he crammed on the front brakes attempting a stoppie when things went terribly wrong. These things just aren't stunt bikes, sheesh!
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Looks like he pulled the front springs to lower it, every bump you hot then is like a pot hole, wears the forks down pretty fast.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

eliteguy50 wrote:Hey now R1Titan911, don't be discouraging Hawkeye representation.
Awe yea if it's a die hard team theme then yea, stick with the flamin birds and ditch the "dodge on 2 wheels" theme haha! :2thumbs:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

MrJumps wrote:Looks like he pulled the front springs to lower it, every bump you hot then is like a pot hole, wears the forks down pretty fast.
That thing ain't very low for having the springs pulled. I'm guessing he welded new forks together at the headtube, if you pause it just right you can watch the fork fall off- looks like the long str8 part ain't there.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Quick update, Spree is now up and running with new intake, reeds, carb and replacement BBK. Shawn will be out of town till Wednesday, gonna see if I can get some time in with Marquise on the Dyno and we'll get this wrapped up.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Did you ride it after? I'm interested to see if you feel any difference
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Nope, haven't had any time on it since pulling the carb last week. I'm guessing we will see a difference in the dyno run from the start when it has to pull the drum from a stop. It kind of dogged a bit getting up to that 10-15mph range for a reading, but shot up right after. I'm hoping for a better off the line acceleration when we test again on Thursday. The bike is up at the shop right now so I don't have it to find out if it rides better.