Getting the Tazland BBK, GEARS, + MLM ran on a dyno

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Getting the Tazland BBK, GEARS, + MLM ran on a dyno

Post by eclark5483 »

benji wrote:Mind blowing power haha! Poor sprees...2hp?? Jeez, it's lucky to be able to move with my * on it.
Gotta be honest, I'm sure my heavier weight has some to do with it, but even with a low geared Taz setup and ported piston, the Spree does not accelerate anywhere near as well as my daughter's 139QMB cheap Chinese junk does with a Taiwan made 72cc BBK, 20mm carb, and A9 Cam running a Polini CVT. I honestly have to side with swapping the engine, but set em up right, they eventually will reach a decent speed, though, never as good as modern engines. My daughter tried the lower geared Spree for the first time, which does have better bottom end pickup, and she wasn't at all impressed compared to her Toadette Taotao scooter. She said it was more fun than the black and yellow one to take off with, but not as powerful as her's. There is a truly unbiased opinion right there. She's a skinny runt, been driving scoots for a few years now. Used to handling herself and prefers higher HP/Torque over cute pimped out fossil hotrod. The end numbers for the next run should be great for posterity sake, but yeah.. Gimme one of the other bikes for actual riding.