What are they worth / best way to sell Sprees.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

What are they worth / best way to sell Sprees.

Post by Kustomkarma »

I have two Sprees ('84, '85) that I'm thinking of selling or parting out. Both of them have clear FL titles (one in my name - the other one is filled out in my name, just need to take a trip to the tag office to complete it.) One is very clean and needs some minor work to be a rider, the other is rougher and could either be parts or restored. The two together would make one really nice complete Spree with lots of spare parts left over.

The question is - What's the best way to sell them? Sell them separately, together, part them out? I already have an SE50 and two '87 Sprees, so I don't really need five scooters. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated. :coolcruise:
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Re: What are they worth / best way to sell Sprees.

Post by vintagegarage »

As you know, putting the second one in your name will cost about $100 in Florida. Typically, the asking price for a running Spree on Craigslist with a Florida title is about $450 - $500. My problem is that that is pretty cheap, and you can have a lot of fun with a $500 Spree. I seem to be the only one in Florida who thinks that, though. Anything more than $500 sits on craigslist for a couple of months until the ad expires. I usually buy a Spree for $400, put another $200- $300 to cherry it up with new tires, a new battery, fresh wheel paint, replacing all the Home Depot hardware with Honda hardware, and sourcing all the missing parts on eBay. Then add $140 for Florida title and tags, and I am quickly up to $800+. I will be lucky to get $400 for it... price doesn't seem to matter how cherry it is.. $400 is about the top price for a running Spree with title in Florida.

see: https://orlando.craigslist.org/search/m ... byArea=332

I do think you might get $500 for the pair with one a parts bike with no title. If you got both running, and paid to title the second one in your name, then you could get $400 each, or $750 the pair.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Don't part em, you'll sell the parts that are in high demand, then you'll be sitting on the rest of the stuff that many don't usually need. Been there, done that. You'd think in Florida sprees would sell like hot cakes, because of the nice weather, and all the beaches, sprees are perfect!
coctailer
BMX
BMX

Post by coctailer »

$400ea on Craigslist and they will sell.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Yea there are some on the Tampa CL that are expensive... But it's CL so expect some low-balls. Sell one, keep the other :imo:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

jerz40 wrote:Don't part em, you'll sell the parts that are in high demand, then you'll be sitting on the rest of the stuff that many don't usually need!
Agreed....Youd be stuck with 80% of each bike that nobody wants after the good stuff is gone. Who wants to buy stock Spree forks, handlebars, oil tank, etc....nobody.....except maybe Jerz? :bowrofl:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

What Meatball and jerz40 said. Not only that, but 80% of a Spree takes up a lot more room than one all put together..
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

Thanks for all of the responses! I was considering selling them because I'm pressed for space, time, and money. Looks like I'm going to make one good Spree from the parts, then figure out what to do with what's left over. I will also consider trading them for another interesting project or projects.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Meatball wrote:
jerz40 wrote:Don't part em, you'll sell the parts that are in high demand, then you'll be sitting on the rest of the stuff that many don't usually need!
Agreed....Youd be stuck with 80% of each bike that nobody wants after the good stuff is gone. Who wants to buy stock Spree forks, handlebars, oil tank, etc....nobody.....except maybe Jerz? :bowrofl:
Haha! :lol: I'd be in store for more parts if I didn't have such a massive inventory of parts and bikes! Trying to build and sell some now, taking good pictures is another key in a fast sale. You want to attract buyers to your ad.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

vintagegarage wrote:What Meatball and jerz40 said. Not only that, but 80% of a Spree takes up a lot more room than one all put together..
This is true! It may not sound right, but it is! The parts are small, but there kinda bulky, making it difficult to stuff the parts in boxes. Expecially those leg shields. :)