can Spree start and running without fuel inside carb bowl?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

kevinv710
Spree
Spree

can Spree start and running without fuel inside carb bowl?

Post by kevinv710 »

I got a Spree for free from online, it has been outside for the whole winter, without cap filter box, engine stuck. I took it home, washed it up, emptied and dried gas tank, removed carb and cylinder head for empty out water inside and clean up. i pour a cup diesel into pipe inlet and cylinder, after 30min, came back i could turn the crank a little by little, then moving free after that, but the sound of toasted bearing was really bad, next i up side down the engine to empty out all diesel as much as i could, put back cleaned carb, cylinder head. Testing spark came up was not great, but maybe enough to start, next i gave it a couple kick cranking with thumb cover spark plug hole to see how much compression has, and see if anything may come out, water, diesel, dirt anything. I then decided to put in spark plug, then kick start it, with intent to see how compression reflect to kicker arm and engine, but came from nowhere engine start up and running lasting for about 10 sec, sounds horrible i felt bad and switched off.
Engine can start up and running if we have enough 3 things: compression, spark, fuel. In my case where were the fuel provided to engine?
Genius please help me out...
https://youtu.be/xzF2vDtl1Dk
Last edited by kevinv710 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: can Spree this crazy

Post by eclark5483 »

Try Seafoam yet?
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Re: can Spree this crazy

Post by kevinv710 »

hi Eclark! what i said was, the gas tank and carb was empty, including no oil, no filter, but the engine start up and running, with good idling and strong, just horrible fried bearing sound. My question is where were fuel provided to the engine that enough for it to start and last for more than 10 sec?
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: can Spree start and running without fuel inside carb bow

Post by benji »

Maybe diesal is flammable enough to run it for a little bit? On fumes? Haha