Hello from England - New NB50M Owner

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

cancunia
Spree
Spree

Hello from England - New NB50M Owner

Post by cancunia »

Hi everyone, I have just bought my first scoot. It's called a Honda Vision (NB50M) in the UK it's a 1986 version and is in need of some care due to earlier neglect. I bought the scoot for taking on camping trips as it's small enough to fit inside my Citroen Berlingo and according to the specs it's also light enough to sit on a standard tow-bar.
Right now the biggest problem is getting the speedo to work. I know that it's limited to 30 mph so not too much danger of being caught speeding, but all the same it would be good to get an idea of miles covered and have some idea of what speed I'm doing. The problem is that the speedo drive has sheared off inside the end of the cable and for some reason the nylon drive gear along with the dust seal are missing from inside the brake shoe plate / hub. I guess it's time to look for one from a breakers.
Other than that and a few cracks in the plastics, it's sound just needs a new back tyre & a battery before I can get it on the road.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Hello from England - New NB50M Owner

Post by Meatball »

Jolly Good Show! Welcome to the forum! We would love to see pics of the new scoot .
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
GSX1400
Spree
Spree

Re: Hello from England - New NB50M Owner

Post by GSX1400 »

Yes post some pics!