Polini on stock motor?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Cody99
Noob
Noob

Polini on stock motor?

Post by Cody99 »

Anyone just upgraded to a polini that doesn't have a bbk? I'd like to kick the keihin to the curb, just wanna know what people have run and had good luck with. Any advice or input greatly appreciated.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Polini on stock motor?

Post by eclark5483 »

Biggest carb you wanna go on a Spree block is 17.5mm. A Polini would be good, Mikuni, delLorton would also work. All you need is the adapter and new throttle cable. Check your clearance from the shock.
Cody99
Noob
Noob

Post by Cody99 »

Alright thanks. I was looking at the 17mm just wasn't sure if you could make the throttle cable work or if it was easier to just run the new one. What would be a comparable main jet from the stock 68 to the polini size? Thanks for the quick response just sitting in the garage and tinkering with some ideas!!!
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Cody99 wrote:Anyone just upgraded to a polini that doesn't have a bbk?
Whats the point in doing this? The only gain you'll see is from the weight reduction of your wallet.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Cody99 wrote:Alright thanks. I was looking at the 17mm just wasn't sure if you could make the throttle cable work or if it was easier to just run the new one. What would be a comparable main jet from the stock 68 to the polini size? Thanks for the quick response just sitting in the garage and tinkering with some ideas!!!
Polini comes with a 38 pilot and 80 main. And like meatball said.. what would be the point?
Cody99
Noob
Noob

Post by Cody99 »

I'll pass on it then just thought it would be a little better than the stock one. I'll wait till I wanna do the bbk to dive into that. Thanks for the advice.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

K, cool man. And (if) when you do decide to do a BBK, don't hesitate to ask for guidance and plenty of topics covering it. How bout some pics?? :peace: