New member here!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Re: New member here!

Post by Jonadz »

Worked some kinks out tonight, solved my horrible vibration tuned a little more and left my buddy's ruck in the dust, until he slowly caught up that is, I'm still only half throttle for now. Wasn't looking for a crotch rocket but I'm impressed beyond expectation. Longest run at half throttle fluctuating got me close enough to 40mph I decided to slow down and idle a bit. Don't want to ruin any of Tazes good work! Excited to finish the break in and really open her up!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Considering what you have done with it so far, you should go beyond that and completely restore it and make it perfect. I did a scan of almost every Spree sticker, and the ones I didn't do can easily be duplicated using what I posted to work with. A cheap investment that your wife wouldn't probably mind, would be replacing all those decals. Considering the excellent job you have done thus far, it's a tiny tweak that will make it all that much better.

Decals can be found in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33892
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Sprees are awesome. So small and light. Yamaha made a bike called the razz, it was a single speed like the spree. My brother had one, first running scooter he had. Top speed was about 32-35 after some mods. I like the little slow ones.

The problem is finding places to ride it, and getting to and from those places. I lived in federal way for about 10 years(by wild waves) and there's areas that would be fine for a 35-40mph scooter, but don't get on 99 haha.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

For an awesome seller who is great at reproducing side graphics cut on vinyl in any color you want, even reflective, can be found here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300569881466 Let's see ya make that Spree into something sweet looking and riding.
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

I'm on the path to a full, and correct minus bbk, restore on this guy, decals are on the list of things I'll get to, but my plastics wernt in great shape when I got them, I managed to patch all the cracks with epoxy but it's not perfect, I know it's there! I planned on some new plastics in the future but a restricted budget puts that way in the future. Didn't want to put the decals on something I have plans to replace you know. Plus side though, it's an 85 with a petcock cover and a glovebox now;) petcock cover is even the original!
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Snapped a quick pic before I left this morning, shows current state with kickstart and glovebox together along with new seat cover. Seat cover is the one you can find on eBay with the range of color options for lettering and piping and I would say if anyone is considering it, don't hesitate! Made pretty good and looks even better. Not genuine leather but not bad for under $30
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (196.78 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Replacement seat looks great! A steal at $30; you'd have that in materials to sew one up from scratch + time involved.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
lite02
Noob
Noob

Post by lite02 »

Looks totally neat Spree Jonadz! Nice
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Just realized that every single part I bought for this thing on eBay minus the cdi that's now in the trash I got from members on here lol, I should have saved you guys the fees they rape you for and created an account here first!