Farewell - My advice

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Farewell - My advice

Post by MrJumps »

Its been a good run but with school and work time is far between. Cheers! :peace:

Also what ive learned is always go aftermarket carb kit on a spree when you bbk it,

buy a mlm pipe too,

then swap the clutch with a dio clutch/bell to get full control of take off also requires you to cut the kicker panel but you get full clutch adjustable,

leave the stock cdi and coil they are the best for this bike,

put a 2.75 on the rear rim and it makes a big difference in handling,

when swapping to a dio keep the dio motor stock, try to find a good donor and keep it that way a stock dio motor on a spree is good enough.

IF you want really fast buy a modded dio, you will save money.

This is my wisdom if you dont like it then eh, I tried. So long guys!

oh btw I got my spree with a bbk up to 41mph so yeah its still slow after all my work. Buy a dio.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Re: Farewell - My advice

Post by Jonadz »

Sounds like decent advice! I Havnt been here long but your name is familiar to me from all the back reading I've done so thanks for the previous input I've been able to sponge!
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

jakubman1 wrote:Hey ! dont leave hang on a sec. How do i put a elite clutch on a spree? Do i just keep the spree pully?
Good question its called the Chinese clutch mod, basically you use the spree pully with a dio clutch and bell, this requires you to have to cut your kicker cover in half but its a well worth mod. Though the clutch does spin the opposite way it still grabs at the same rpm.

Also Add gears, gears made it slow down low but quick in the *.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Add gears, prepare to do the "FLINTSTONE". The end result is worth it.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

So if i top out at 36mph then add the gears and clutch mod what do you think my top speed would be?
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Maybe 41. Depends on what RPM it is going when it reaches it's current peak. I'm guessing somewhere around 8,000 rpm with no change, 6700rpm with upgear. You can use an online calculator to give you a fairly accurate expectation speed. That's why I say MAYBE 41.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi mr. Jumps. Are you no longer going to be riding?
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

ped wrote:Hi mr. Jumps. Are you no longer going to be riding?
You ever seen someone get so indept in a project car/bike then keep brwaking stuff and racking up literly a thousnad into a motor to have a familiy meber throw away a multihundred dollar part because they thought it would get a rouse out of you to see you frantically look for it, then get mad when you excuse them of throwing it away to later find on in an argument they threw it away? Yeah that thats why I am done the spree dio is cused.. so * cursed its giving me a stroke. I still have it and the polini corsa with yhe street port that joe is no longer doing. But that inst enough to get me to mail my block off for machine work or to do anything elze much. Plue I only get on here when someone emails me because im lazy.

Tldr: Im lazy read it.
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Ah dude this sucks!! I've been looking forward to a build update on the spreedio for awhile now but I hear ya... Sucks when you try so hard but get beaten up every step of the way.

If you want a good, reliable scoot save some mula and buy/import a stock Dio. I too got tired of playing with my NQ50 so sold it on when I got the Hornet. It's a cool scooter but got very annoying when it would fight me every time I tried to start it after sitting for a few weeks. Nice to have sitting in the garage as a show piece but far too impractical to rely on or use too often... And the whole point is to be out riding it huh!

Still have the Dio with Taz's bbk and stock everything else and am still d*** happy with it. Middle of winter in NZ atm so no riding gonna be happening for awhile :(
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi mr. Jumps.
I understand your frustration. it can be disappointing when things don't go right. First keep all your parts in a big tote. second, go right back to basics. go with what you know Works. a polini Corsa, 92-90 jet ,9to1 gears , temp gauge ,everything else stock.
That should get you to 50 mph.
In the meantime take your time.
It took me 8 months to get a Vespa on the road. And 6 months on my Speedio.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Its taken me since fresmen year of highschool to get the spree dio to where it is during my 2nd year of college. Talk about literly dieing to finish it.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

MrJumps wrote:Its taken me since fresmen year of highschool to get the spree dio to where it is during my 2nd year of college. Talk about literly dieing to finish it.
Hang in there. We all have busy lives, and it's a learning process I understand . once you get it running right you'll be very happy.